Thread: Worlds (juniors)

Worlds (juniors)

I havent seen any mention yet so,
    Well done Ben Russel.
    And all the other juniors,cracking scores boys and girls.
    A credit to their parents and clubs.
    Roy..
    Meon Valley Airgun Club .
    Christchurch HFT Team 2008/9

Yep he shot his socks off at the Worlds .And was still the first guy to ask all his team mates how they got on.One of the nicest nippers you could ever meet and a good mate welldone CHAMP .Now come on me and ya Dad are still beating you in the club comp

Also well done to the other three Christchurch boys too
    5th Owen Quenault
    6th Luke Saunders
    8th Craig Lord
    NICE ONE LADS
    Last edited by DIMMER0707; 14-04-2009 at 08:35 PM.

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Congratulations to Stuart Gould and Scott Grayson, my fellow club members. I'm not sure if i'm seething with jealousy or if i'm just envious of their talent.

Good on them anyway.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    Congratulations to Stuart Gould and Scott Grayson, my fellow club members. I'm not sure if i'm seething with jealousy or if i'm just envious of their talent.

Good on them anyway.
    Thanks alot mate for the comments, shame you didn't come along too.

Stuart

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupid plinker View Post
    ....shame you didn't come along too.
    Someone had to maintain your alibi's and hold on to the bail money for you lot.

Next time though, i'll be there (hell, i might even get a passport finally; if it comes to it).

Funnily enough, it was very, very busy at work on saturday. I wouldn't have been able to stay awake long enough on sunday to point my rifle let alone aim it.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Nice work by the juniors. I bet a few adults are glad Ben was in the juniors... or else he'd be with the tussle for 4th+ ... still it's his last year (I think), so the adults had better sort their act out for next year

Tamworth, Staffs 198 miles North of Calais :D
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Nice work by the juniors. I bet a few adults are glad Ben was in the juniors... or else he'd be with the tussle for 4th+ ... still it's his last year (I think), so the adults had better sort their act out for next year
    Yes, his Mk 4 will be in a GINB by then i guess, well shot all the juniors and also the way you conducted yourselves, a credit to our sport,
    Best wishes
    Cliff
    Unique S400 Classic with MTC Viper 10x44

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Its all going to go wrong as soon as he gets a bloody haircut and discovers girls & beer Seriously, well shot Ben was pretty sure you would be picking that one up.

PS I will still kick your arse if we meet in the matchplay this year
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Yes, his Mk 4 will be in a GINB by then i guess, well shot all the juniors and also the way you conducted yourselves, a credit to our sport,
    Best wishes
    Cliff
    I think the GINB will be for his springer
    Time to retire Ben
    Roy..
    Meon Valley Airgun Club .
    Christchurch HFT Team 2008/9

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde
    Well done Ben, i think you still have my range finder dont you??? a very small Leica..fits in your top pocket

Just kidding mate, well done young fella. Good shoting .

LAity
    Lots and lots of guns !

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Now that we have the shiny new chat room sub-section in the events bit, am starting to move competition orientated threads from the general section to said sub-section where such threads will find ready receptive cyber ears .

This is because as most BBSers aren't into HFT or FT, a lot of people are complaining about competition orientated threads being in the general section, so hope you all agree this is for the best (and am sure you’ll let me know if you don’t ). Ha ha. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Roys View Post
    I think the GINB will be for his springer
    Time to retire Ben
    Roy..
    Yep that GINB is going on his venom mamba hw97k and he did say he may even shoot in the springers next year .

Feral is offline One of my mil dots is missing
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupid plinker View Post
    Thanks alot mate for the comments, shame you didn't come along too.

Stuart

I've said it before but will say it again. Congrats Stuart, you and Scott both did Buxted proud with your 2nd and 3rd places respectively, couldn't have happened to a nicer couple of lads... all the juniors did the event and the sport proud from what I saw and could teach us adults a thing or two. Well shot to Ben as well, fine performance!
    Last edited by Feral; 16-04-2009 at 06:59 AM.
    Walther dominator Lightstream FFP, s200 with Viper 10x44 - Buxted HFT My A4 Targets - HFT Kill zone sizes

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Only just spotted this thread ... so have to add a huge WELL DONE to 'my' juniors from Swallows FTC.

ALL 3 of them able to enter the Worlds - ages 10 to 14 (just) shot their socks off, achieving in relative terms just as much individually as the extraordinary new junior World Champ.

Youngest Josh, for example, started shooting just over a year ago and struggles more than a bit with standing shots using his ginb stocked S200 (which he's only had since Christmas). At Kelmarsh he shot a personal best (46) by 4 points on the wet Sunday and then went and beat it again, by yet another 2 points on Monday afternoon. Stunning !!

Josh's older sister and brother Beth (12) and Jack, also shot brilliantly.

I'm tear-jerkingly proud of them all.

Roll on 2010, when brother Dan will - I hope - be joining them. He missed this year's age limit by just a couple of month.

My own performance was not up to scratch, but any hint of misgiving was completely wiped out by the enjoyment of seeing the juniors do so well.

Cannot complete this post without a final BIG THANKS to the kids parents - Charlie and Tracy. Not sure they had any idea what they were letting themselves in for when introducing the kids to our club. Since which they've ensured that their children have attended every one of the 10 rounds of the Sussex Interclub HFT and ended up winning the 'parents of the year' award. They're the best !!

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Feral is offline One of my mil dots is missing
    Mr Biggles suh they did you, their parents, Swallows, Sussex and themselves proud. Charlie and Tracy's kids are a real joy to have at the shoots. I've never seen them anything other than jolly and ethusiastic!...

... also me and Burgermeister would have had to put our own tent up if they were't there
    Walther dominator Lightstream FFP, s200 with Viper 10x44 - Buxted HFT My A4 Targets - HFT Kill zone sizes