Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
So an accidental discharge is not muppetry Negligent discharge, not accidental and completely irresponsible, disqualification for failing to adhere to basic gun safety guidelines,
Atb
Cliff
In both scenarios, the gun is over the firing line and therefore considered safe and has not been sighted. Discharge in any other circumstance would be considered a breach of safety. If its a genuine accidental discharge i'd allow a reload.

As I've said in my first reply, we're supposed to take part in these events for fun. If you've just driven 200 miles to be disquailified or had a chance of a win in those circumstances thwarted for whats effectively an accident then I think you'd have a right to be pissed off.

IMO there's far to many rules being introduced for the sake of introducing rules.

When Hunter FT started you could use any rifle as long as it was legal, you couldn't adjust the gun or any part of it, you had to be touching a peg, not sitting and not resting rifle on bean bag and targets were placed anywhere between 7-45 yards (or thereabouts) with a minimum of a 25mm kill. If you sighted the gun and it discharged, the target either fell for a 2, you plated for a 1 or you missed. Simple

I make that 7 rules. It was simple and didn't cause controversy. Everyone knew where they stood and no one pushed the rules that where in place (that I recall anyway)

It was more fun in my mind, you turned up to shoot with like minded folk who just wanted to knock over some targets and if they got a good score then great. Clearing a course was unheard of and people didn't expect to get 59 or 60 ex 60.

Rose tinted specs maybe or I'm just getting old and dissolusioned but it did seem less stressful back in the early to mid '90s.

Bob