A few things came to light at the Woofters over the weekend when I was chatting with some fellow competitors.

Now this is not a dig at any competitor, competition, organiser or organisation, its just a bit of fun and hopefully may educate some of us!

What do you think the result from the following situations are;

Situation 1

Shooter cocks rifle, loads pellet, closes bolt, when attempting to lay down, "bang", accidentally fires pellet 3 feet over the firing line (rifle not shouldered)

Situation 2

Shooter cocks rifle, forgets to load pellet or pellet falls out, closes bolt, shoulders rifle, takes aim, fires, "bang"

Situation 3

Shooter cocks rifle, loads pellet, leaves bolt open, shoulders rifle, takes aim, fires, "bang", pellet discharges 10 feet over firing line

Situation 4

Shooter cocks rifle, loads pellet, closes bolt, shoulders rifle but doesn't look through scope, knocks rifle against a tree (its a stander) "bang", pellet goes into bushes 50 yards away

Situation 5

Shooter cocks rifle, loads pellet, closes bolt, fires, "bang", kills target, looks up to see a "Kneeling Only" sign above him. (Sorry Chris, in this one none of his shooting partners had noticed the sign either as they were "in the groove", they would have told him had they noticed)

So what is the outcome of the 5 situations, lets say in the strictest form of the rules, say the 2020 Olympics, I know we would all interpret the above a little differently if it was a friendly sunday morning shoot with your mates

And as I said above, this is only a bit of fun...