• Hard

5 10.64%
  • No different than a club comp course

22 46.81%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Worlds course

Question The Worlds course

Hi all

Firstly I wasn't at the comp sadly but I know a lot of you went and thoroughly enjoyed yourselves .... you lucky buggers

Anyway just wondered what you thought of the course , was it easy - difficult - same as one of your home club comps ? Just out of interest really .

atvb

Dave

POLL ON THE WAY
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

The thing to remember about Kelmarsh is it is not an HFT club so the course setters did not have a lot to work with.

The two separate courses also had to cater for the top end shooter as well as the average club shooter and as such a fantastic job was done.

If you look at the scores there was only 1 60 on each and that was the World Champion.
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Now that we have the shiny new chat room sub-section in the events bit, am starting to move competition orientated threads from the general section to said sub-section where such threads will find ready receptive cyber ears .

This is because as most BBSers aren't into HFT or FT, a lot of people are complaining about competition orientated threads being in the general section, so hope you all agree this is for the best (and am sure you’ll let me know if you don’t ). Ha ha. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Now that we have the shiny new chat room sub-section in the events bit, am starting to move competition orientated threads from the general section to said sub-section where such threads will find ready receptive cyber ears .

This is because as most BBSers aren't into HFT or FT, a lot of people are complaining about competition orientated threads being in the general section, so hope you all agree this is for the best (and am sure you’ll let me know if you don’t ). Ha ha. Atb: G.
    Right I'm gonna post a new poll : How many of you shoot HFT ? Very good answer Gary me 'ole china !
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    Right I'm gonna post a new poll : How many of you shoot HFT ? Very good answer Gary me 'ole china !
    That is a good idea, and as a thread, will sit nicely in the general section too (post a link to it here as well though Dave, so you can make sure you get all the converted to tick the right box as well ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I thought the courses were excellent.

Not many easy ones on either course but that's how it should be.

As has been mentioned above only one shooter cleared either course ... and with respect ... that was in fairly calm conditions. A windy day may have seen generally lower scores.

I like it like that. I don't like to see courses where several people clear them.

The only slight criticism I would make is regarding the labelling of 'pegs' on non standard 'peg' lanes. On the wood's course there were a couple of targets that caused confusion.

There was a target where the standard peg that stuck a foot out of the ground was about 3 feet to the right of a tall post. This was on a stander. Me and my partner thought that you had to touch the small peg which was the same as all the other lanes. This meant leaning across very uncomfortably to try and rest on the tall post. Similarly there was a lane with two stacked hay bails. Again the wooden peg was at the side. This was a kneeler. Again we shot it uncomfortably and touched the wooden post.

On the second day I noticed that the small post had been removed from the stander lane and people were just resting comfortably on the tall post.

In the pics I see that most people just leaned on the bails and didn't bother with the post which is probably how it was meant to be.

On these such lanes it may be wise to NOT have a small wooden 'peg' and just have a paper peg number attached to the object that can be used for support ( like the tall post and the bails ).

Great courses though.

Well done everyone concerned.

Boz

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Sorry Gareth .. don't agree. Most people do their chatting/discussing in the main section. Something as big as the World's HFT deserves as much space on the main section as people want to give it. A lot of people may not even look at the other section and will miss threads.

HFT is a vast part of this site and by the same rules you may as well say we are going to have a different section for people who want to discuss a problem with their CO2 gun because most people on here don't shoot CO2. Same with all other minority threads.

Up to the Mods as always though. Just my opinion.

Cheers

Boz
    Last edited by bozzer; 15-04-2009 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    I thought the courses were excellent.

Not many easy ones on either course but that's how it should be.

As has been mentioned above only one shooter cleared either course ... and with respect ... that was in fairly calm conditions. A windy day may have seen generally lower scores.

I like it like that. I don't like to see courses where several people clear them.

The only slight criticism I would make is regarding the labelling of 'pegs' on non standard 'peg' lanes. On the wood's course there were a couple of targets that caused confusion.

There was a target where the standard peg that stuck a foot out of the ground was about 3 feet to the right of a tall post. This was on a stander. Me and my partner thought that you had to touch the small peg which was the same as all the other lanes. This meant leaning across very uncomfortably to try and rest on the tall post. Similarly there was a lane with two stacked hay bails. Again the wooden peg was at the side. This was a kneeler. Again we shot it uncomfortably and touched the wooden post.

On the second day I noticed that the small post had been removed from the stander lane and people were just resting comfortably on the tall post.

In the pics I see that most people just leaned on the bails and didn't bother with the post which is probably how it was meant to be.

On these such lanes it may be wise to NOT have a small wooden 'peg' and just have a paper peg number attached to the object that can be used for support ( like the tall post and the bails ).

Great courses though.

Well done everyone concerned.

Boz
    Boz the UKAHFT rule is that on objects on supported shots such as trees or bales etc, the object is the peg, you don't have to stretch out and touch something else. This caused confusion in the past and was unfair to juniors, wee people, very big people and the left-handers. The number should be on the object but sometimes this isn't practical, so if there's a bale, the whole bale is the peg
    Rog

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    What, at first sight appeared easy, turned out to be two hard courses. This must be true, or there would have been more 59 & 60 scores. Most competitions are held at clubs where many people have shot before and have some idea of the limits of the course and may remember reference points etc, Kelmarsh was new to everyone, I found 'The Lake' especially difficult to range, thought 'The Woods' easier, but scored the same (low score) on both.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Tamworth, Staffs 198 miles North of Calais :D
    I find it hard to answer this question because i thought the course was easy, however, if it was easy, how come i didn't clear it and only the world champion did
    Atb
    Cliff
    Unique S400 Classic with MTC Viper 10x44

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    Boz the UKAHFT rule is that on objects on supported shots such as trees or bales etc, the object is the peg, you don't have to stretch out and touch something else. This caused confusion in the past and was unfair to juniors, wee people, very big people and the left-handers. The number should be on the object but sometimes this isn't practical, so if there's a bale, the whole bale is the peg
    Rog
    Thanks for that fella

1stly ... I knew I'd spell 'bale' wrongly ... too strong a cricket background LOL

It must have confused more than myself though. My partner was a very experienced HFT shooter and he thought that we had to touch the peg and that peg on that stander had been removed on Monday afternoon.

Not a moan ... the weekend was fantastic and I have nothing but thanks for all the people who put the effort in.

Boz

Tamworth, Staffs 198 miles North of Calais :D
    Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    Sorry Gareth .. don't agree. Most people do their chatting/discussing in the main section. Something as big as the World's HFT deserves as much space on the main section as people want to give it. A lot of people may not even look at the other section and will miss threads.

HFT is a vast part of this site and by the same rules you may as well say we are going to have a different section for people who want to discuss a problem with their CO2 gun because most people on here don't shoot CO2. Same with all other minority threads.

Up to the Mods as always though. Just my opinion.

Cheers

Boz
    I have to agree with boz, i would say the vast majority of 'regular' posters do hft or were probably at Kelmarsh, we are experiencing 'Worlds fever' at the moment but like any other subject it will slow down.
    Hft is booming at the moment and by pushing threads in a dark corner, which is where i consider this section to be, will just start to kill the boom, a poor decision IMO but as always the decision has to be accepted and respected,
    Atb
    Cliff
    V V V V V V V V V V V
    Unique S400 Classic with MTC Viper 10x44

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I have to agree with boz, i would say the vast majority of 'regular' posters do hft or were probably at Kelmarsh, we are experiencing 'Worlds fever' at the moment but like any other subject it will slow down.
    Hft is booming at the moment and by pushing threads in a dark corner, which is where i consider this section to be, will just start to kill the boom, a poor decision IMO but as always the decision has to be accepted and respected,
    Atb
    Cliff
    V V V V V V V V V V V
    Got to say I'm with Cliff and Boz on this one as well, bearing in mind the part I have bolded up.

It was good to meet up with you and Mog, but I'm glad I didn't take your advice and visit the dogging layby near Kelmarsh.

Sadly Mat and me didn't make the Steyr team, me by just 1 point and Mat by.. a few.
    Roll on next year
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 15-04-2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: to remove a quote from a deleted abusive post.

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    It was good to meet up with you and Mog, but I'm glad I didn't take your advice and visit the dogging layby near Kelmarsh.

Sadly Mat and me didn't make the Steyr team, me by just 1 point and Mat by.. a few.
    Roll on next year
    Nice to meet you again Rog, hope you get on well with the Stairod
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité