5 10.64%
  • No different than a club comp course

22 46.81%

Thread: The Worlds course

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    I thought the courses were excellent.

Not many easy ones on either course but that's how it should be.

As has been mentioned above only one shooter cleared either course ... and with respect ... that was in fairly calm conditions. A windy day may have seen generally lower scores.

I like it like that. I don't like to see courses where several people clear them.

The only slight criticism I would make is regarding the labelling of 'pegs' on non standard 'peg' lanes. On the wood's course there were a couple of targets that caused confusion.

There was a target where the standard peg that stuck a foot out of the ground was about 3 feet to the right of a tall post. This was on a stander. Me and my partner thought that you had to touch the small peg which was the same as all the other lanes. This meant leaning across very uncomfortably to try and rest on the tall post. Similarly there was a lane with two stacked hay bails. Again the wooden peg was at the side. This was a kneeler. Again we shot it uncomfortably and touched the wooden post.

On the second day I noticed that the small post had been removed from the stander lane and people were just resting comfortably on the tall post.

In the pics I see that most people just leaned on the bails and didn't bother with the post which is probably how it was meant to be.

On these such lanes it may be wise to NOT have a small wooden 'peg' and just have a paper peg number attached to the object that can be used for support ( like the tall post and the bails ).

Great courses though.

Well done everyone concerned.

Boz
    Boz the UKAHFT rule is that on objects on supported shots such as trees or bales etc, the object is the peg, you don't have to stretch out and touch something else. This caused confusion in the past and was unfair to juniors, wee people, very big people and the left-handers. The number should be on the object but sometimes this isn't practical, so if there's a bale, the whole bale is the peg
    Rog

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    Boz the UKAHFT rule is that on objects on supported shots such as trees or bales etc, the object is the peg, you don't have to stretch out and touch something else. This caused confusion in the past and was unfair to juniors, wee people, very big people and the left-handers. The number should be on the object but sometimes this isn't practical, so if there's a bale, the whole bale is the peg
    Rog
    Thanks for that fella

1stly ... I knew I'd spell 'bale' wrongly ... too strong a cricket background LOL

It must have confused more than myself though. My partner was a very experienced HFT shooter and he thought that we had to touch the peg and that peg on that stander had been removed on Monday afternoon.

Not a moan ... the weekend was fantastic and I have nothing but thanks for all the people who put the effort in.

Boz