• Hard

5 10.64%
  • No different than a club comp course

22 46.81%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Worlds course

Gareth W-B is online now Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I have to agree with boz, i would say the vast majority of 'regular' posters do hft or were probably at Kelmarsh
    Hi Cliff, I know it may feel like that to you as you are completely absorbed by HFT, which I fully understand, but you are quite wrong I am afraid (unless you were referring to posters in this section only, as then you would be spot on).

For the record, the collectors section gets more hits than anything HFT related, as indeed does the FAC section. I will address all the above comments for you this evening however, as am off line in a moment until gone 8pm.

Despite what some of you may think though, mods are here to help. Lets now let this thread return to Dave's (Kingplinker's) original topic of how hard the worlds course was then, and speak later . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I have to agree with boz, i would say the vast majority of 'regular' posters do hft or were probably at Kelmarsh, we are experiencing 'Worlds fever' at the moment but like any other subject it will slow down.
    Hft is booming at the moment and by pushing threads in a dark corner, which is where i consider this section to be, will just start to kill the boom, a poor decision IMO but as always the decision has to be accepted and respected,
    Atb
    Cliff
    V V V V V V V V V V V
    Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    Got to say I'm with Cliff and Boz on this one as well, bearing in mind the part I have bolded up.
    Gareth, nice to see that I'm not alone in the views I expressed in my PM to you.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Every course is hard for me but i can now tell everyone i am 149th in the world
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Gareth W-B is online now Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Gareth, nice to see that I'm not alone in the views I expressed in my PM to you.
    No, but three against the many complaints received -- including six from recognised and respected H-FT shooters I may ad -- don't stack. Please see my post as above. As stated, I will return to this later. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by scutter View Post
    The thing to remember about Kelmarsh is it is not an HFT club so the course setters did not have a lot to work with.

The two separate courses also had to cater for the top end shooter as well as the average club shooter and as such a fantastic job was done.

If you look at the scores there was only 1 60 on each and that was the World Champion.

Could not agree more.

I shot around with Dave Ramshead (sorry if I have spelt your name wrong Dave) on the Monday and he was saying there were quite a few thing they were not allowed to do ie: targets could not be put infront of trees etc.
    But I thought both courses were challenging enough to test the top boys and give us mere mortals a good run for our money.

I was more than pleased with my score and was chuffed to bits that I equalled Pete Dutton's 113.
    Mind you I expect he had a lot on his mind with the organising etc.

Anyway a big thank you to everyone involved in the organising and to the competitors for making the weekend an enjoyable one after all that's why we do it.
    I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labottomy

Quote Originally Posted by rubberhubby View Post
    Could not agree more.

I shot around with Dave Ramshead (sorry if I have spelt your name wrong Dave) on the Monday and he was saying there were quite a few thing they were not allowed to do ie: targets could not be put infront of trees etc.
    But I thought both courses were challenging enough to test the top boys and give us mere mortals a good run for our money.

I was more than pleased with my score and was chuffed to bits that I equalled Pete Dutton's 113.
    Mind you I expect he had a lot on his mind with the organising etc.

Anyway a big thank you to everyone involved in the organising and to the competitors for making the weekend an enjoyable one after all that's why we do it.
    Pete might have done better if he didnt shoot with his sunglasses on
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Add me to the list too on that subject.

Now to the original question.

I put easy, but that's because I shoot at Shepreth where Mark Andrews seems to take particular pride in setting hard courses and its rare to get recoiling scores to the level I managed at Kelmarsh

BTW don't think I'm complaining about Mark's hard coiurses, far from it, I heartily thank Mark Andrews for raising the level of my shooting at Shepreth

Cheers

John
    Last edited by Snooper601; 15-04-2009 at 01:22 PM.
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Easy or hard....

I have to say I put the course down as being EASY. Why, well I shoot at Shepreth and Mark.A does set a hard course. I shot a PB on the Sunday and then another PB on the Monday... yeh I could be getting better but I also think it is the practise I get from Shepreth. so why didn't I score a perfect 60 in either round? That's easy, I did not engage the brain in every shot - peg 1 in the wood I did not take into account the wind DOH - I hate standing shots and wobble more than Wobbly and I had a mental block with telling the difference between a 8 yrd shot and a 15yrd...

Having said that, I think the whole event was cracking. The Lake course was lovely with some great targets being set. Great use of what they had in regards to props. The woods were heaven in that this is how many of us imagine shooting to be. In woods laying in thick mud peering under tress for the target.

Target setters - you did a good job.

Everyone who attended either as a shooter or organiser - thank you for making the event the great success it was.
    "Nothing is life is good or bad, but thinking males it so."

I have to say, when I first looked at the courses I thought that they didn't look to hard... that was right up until I started to actually shoot them.

Good fun layout and with the mud it mad it even more interesting and enjoyable.

Congratulations to everyone concerned, especially Kieran. I don't shoot UKAHFT, but as a matter of interest, was it a standard course, out to 45 yards, or an extreme, out to 55?

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

It was as per UKAHFT Gus.

Max 45 yards.

15mm reducers etc etc

Good courses. You had to think about most shots.

Boz

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    With the very strict time restraints we course setters had I would say we ALL did a bloody good job!

We were unable to put any significantly high awkward shots in any of the courses due to either the campsite or the car park being in the fall out zone of the shot if there was an ND.

So all in all 2 courses set up in a day is a mean feat!

Just my two cents!

Quote Originally Posted by kieran turner View Post
    With the very strict time restraints we course setters had I would say we ALL did a bloody good job!

We were unable to put any significantly high awkward shots in any of the courses due to either the campsite or the car park being in the fall out zone of the shot if there was an ND.

So all in all 2 courses set up in a day is a mean feat!

Just my two cents!
    Couldn't agree more Kieran ,i for one would like to thank EVERY ONE involved with organisation of the comp ,we need to remember that Pete, Sparky, and the rest freely give up masses of their own free time so we can enjoy our sport.
    They not only set up the worlds they also look after the UKAHFT rounds as well as their respective clubs competitions and admin ,so thanks guys you do a brilliant job.
    Before i forget well done Kieran ,fellow Scunny

A good course i reckon.
    Only thing that concerned me was the unsupported stander on the lake course.
    All i could see was the swan beyond the target in the fall out zone.Glad i got that one(the target)
    Roy..
    Meon Valley Airgun Club .
    Christchurch HFT Team 2008/9

Feral is offline One of my mil dots is missing
    Quote Originally Posted by Roys View Post
    A good course i reckon.
    Only thing that concerned me was the unsupported stander on the lake course.
    All i could see was the swan beyond the target in the fall out zone.Glad i got that one(the target)
    Roy..

The white feather that fluttered back to peg says otherwise Roy

It was a pleasure spending a couple of days shooting in your company, the courses were good and made all the better shooting them with with nice folks!

Atb

Cliff
    Last edited by Feral; 15-04-2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: typo
    Walther dominator Lightstream FFP, s200 with Viper 10x44 - Buxted HFT My A4 Targets - HFT Kill zone sizes