• Hard

5 10.64%
  • No different than a club comp course

22 46.81%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Worlds course

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    The white feather that fluttered back to peg says otherwise Roy

It was a pleasure spending a couple of days shooting in your company, the courses were good and made all the better shooting them with with nice folks!

Atb

Cliff
    Nice one Cliff,and Mrs Sparkes was behind watching
    It was well worth it and Zak got a new pb.Happy days.
    Roy..
    Meon Valley Airgun Club .
    Christchurch HFT Team 2008/9

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    If the courses were easy surely more than one person would have cleared it? Especially when you at where some of the really good shooters finished. If the wind had been blowing it would have made things really really tricky and as it stands there were only a couple of targets on each course which I'd consider gimmies.

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Maybe to many people thought the courses looked easy so they didn't give it 100% consetration on every shot.
    I for one found them tricky enough as my scores show
    Daystate MK4 ST Burris FullfieldII
    Even a broken watch tells the right time twice a day
    http://kibworthairgunclub.freeforums.org/index.php

Given a free hand and two days the setters could have been really evil as they only had about 7 hours from arriving on site and seeing the ground for the first time to set two courses I think they did rather well. Had they been easy there are at least 10 lads that were on the course that would have been more than capable of clearing The difficulty was subtle but it was there I can assure you.

And we had Chillingworth with us
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

As most has been said and i agree with most, but like Chris said with just a handful of people per course a great job was carried out.
    But now we know what to expect hopefully we can do an even better job next year.
    I cant say much for setting the woods course as that was the other team but trying to make interesting shots on open land was always going to be hard especially with the limited height of targets due to the caravans in the distance, but i think we did ok.
    If anyone would like to give suggestions to what could of made it better please send me a pm and all will be taken notice of and passed to the relevant people.
    Darren
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

NTO sets some interesting / difficult courses at Kibworth.These set us up for the Worlds at Kelmarsh.They were not easy or difficult i would say the correct description was DECEPTIVE.Well done to all the organising crewe on a fantastic job ,well executed.Well done Kieren, you are now on top of the world.Remember anyone who participated was a winner.

Tamworth, Staffs 198 miles North of Calais :D
    Quote Originally Posted by jagxkrs View Post
    Given a free hand and two days the setters could have been really evil as they only had about 7 hours from arriving on site and seeing the ground for the first time to set two courses I think they did rather well. Had they been easy there are at least 10 lads that were on the course that would have been more than capable of clearing The difficulty was subtle but it was there I can assure you.

And we had Chillingworth with us
    Like using 35mm kill zones @ 40 yards to fool people into thinking they were 40mm @ 45 yards
    Atb
    Cliff
    Unique S400 Classic with MTC Viper 10x44

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Like using 35mm kill zones @ 40 yards to fool people into thinking they were 40mm @ 45 yards
    Atb
    Cliff
    I knew it! I kept telling my shooting partner that I had to get a new scope as my mildots were f00ked

I knew they weren't out full, cos of the blur, but my dots kept telling me different GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Atb
    Cliff
    Now which nasty bugger would do that I wonder
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Atb
    Cliff
    That would have been 36mm, there was also a healthy mix of 32mm kills on the woodland course!

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

we also had a 45mm kill out on the lake....over 40yds but bracketed closer to 35...
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    That would have been 36mm, there was also a healthy mix of 32mm kills on the woodland course!

Ryan

hohoho hahaha hehehe....... dink.....12 o'clock
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/
    Staffordshire Custom Rifles - Maverick & MTC Connect

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Seeing this discussion and the revelation of so many intermediate KZ sizes does, believe it or not, make me feel slightly better about the atrocious score I produced on Monday (Lake course).

While I'm an old (very) hand at shooting and have been 'playing' with FT & HFT for about 5 years now, the vast majority of targets used - probably until now - on our local club comps have been your off-the-shelf 15, 20 and 40/45mm targets.

Now very clear that my recent discovery - the 'art' () of using MAP reticles on full-size kills to confirm visual range estimating - led to my Lake course let down. I didn't use mil-dot ranging on Sunday when shooting the Woods, probably because I had enough to think about knowing I already had my zero wrong .

Hey ho .... better prep for 2010, eh ?!?

I presume that the 15 people who've voted "Easy" are all in the top 15 on the result sheet AND shot at clubs where 30-something KZs are the norm .

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Seeing this discussion and the revelation of so many intermediate KZ sizes does, believe it or not, make me feel slightly better about the atrocious score I produced on Monday (Lake course).

While I'm an old (very) hand at shooting and have been 'playing' with FT & HFT for about 5 years now, the vast majority of targets used - probably until now - on our local club comps have been your off-the-shelf 15, 20 and 40/45mm targets.

Now very clear that my recent discovery - the 'art' () of using MAP reticles on full-size kills to confirm visual range estimating - led to my Lake course let down. I didn't use mil-dot ranging on Sunday when shooting the Woods, probably because I had enough to think about knowing I already had my zero wrong .

Hey ho .... better prep for 2010, eh ?!?

I presume that the 15 people who've voted "Easy" are all in the top 15 on the result sheet AND shot at clubs where 30-something KZs are the norm .

Biggles
    Get some plates made up so you can stick them over the standard KZs and get some practice at the "Deceivers" - optical illusion = ranged wrong = 12 or 6 o'clock dink = .

I soon sussed this out and got to trust my DOF blur and not my treacehrous mildots

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post

Biggles
    I couldn't possibly comment

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.