Thread: 40yards AA S200

40yards AA S200

i did my first long range target shooting today, at 40 yards (some my call this short!)

i was shooting some hi vis chalk targets (in thick fog, in mid evening!) they work well.

i was surprised that i still stayed accurate at this distance, and i cant wait to try 60 yards.
    A.V Marochinni O/U 12 Gauge
    Baikal S/B 12 Gauge
    Air Arms S200 MK2 .177

O yes, I was using my s200 for FT, big scope and a 40 yard zero, pellet on pellet, as accurate as my pro target, well nearly Webley Mosqitto group particularily well up to 55 yards with mine, over that distance they drop off pretty quick compared to AA or JSB. Have fun
    Pro-Target 3 with a Silver Weaver.
    S200, tweakied, Ginb, with a Burris.
    B+C HW 95 special with a Burris.

i was using bisley magnums 4.51's, although heavy. they still perform well.
    A.V Marochinni O/U 12 Gauge
    Baikal S/B 12 Gauge
    Air Arms S200 MK2 .177

Could be a good choice for longer ranges. Although the JSB types do really seem to perform very efficiently in sub 12ft/lb guns. But it depends what your barrel likes. My s200 will shoot JSB's but they become unpredictable in wind. The lighter mozzies it shoots spot on with a very clean barrel, giving less wind and predictably so. It is the opposite in my Pro target. It loves AA field and JSB 4.53, but the barrel must be leaded or it gets really fussy. Now I've got a bit of lead in the barrel they give less wind and actually fly a bit flatter than the mozzies Seems to be about finding the right combination and if they shoot best in a clean or leaded barrel.
    Pro-Target 3 with a Silver Weaver.
    S200, tweakied, Ginb, with a Burris.
    B+C HW 95 special with a Burris.

long ranger

Although my s200 is in 22 calibre it can hold its own out to forty yards. I also find that when the barrel has had a few pellets through it after being cleaned that it performs better than when clean? My s200 prefers air arms field at longer ranges but lazadomes are just as tight at 20 to 30 yards.
    How de do de
    HW100 Laminate Hawke 4-16x50 AO