Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Threads, The Worlds, Life, The Universe & Everything ...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    Begs the question why fix what ain't broke? Just because some muppet has had his wrists slapped for talking nonsense and ruined it by getting drunk/petty. The question about having a HFT or hunting section pops up regularly and we always get the same answers that it takes too much time from the mods and isn't needed as general accomodates it. Now we have a new mod with loads of time on his hands I suppose that changes things, although I don't think Gareth realised the problems this section would cause him and the time it would take!

Personally the main thing I use the BBS for at the minute is finding a HFT/FT shoot and buying more airguns, everything else is just banter/nonsense. Albeit very enjoyable banter/nonsense with people I know. The amount of forums for shooting I have in my favourites list is huge so one more won't hurt.

Ryan
    Mate I'm not arguing for HFT announcements being hidden in a corner on the BBS.

I'm arguing against hiding HFT announcements in a corner on a forum no bugger (well not many anyway) knows about.

I know some people are pissed off with the decisions the mods have made (I don't know about the drunken incident TBH, PM me if you like). I don't agree with those decisions either.

I think HFT and the BBS have, for a long time, had a symbiotic relationship that's benefited both sides and I think both sides should work together to sort out this issue. Not one side sticking HFT in a sub section and the other flouncing off to a relatively low traffic forum (I know I keep on apologising Rob, nothing wrong with your forum, but that's just the way it is and it's central to my point so I have to keep on making it).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
    Why will it affect the UKAHFT, in a while shootingthebreeze.com would get enough people on it just like any other forum, links from other sites, even here will help people find it...
    I think it frankly pathetic that the Worlds threads especially were stuck in the naughty corner & not on the main pages... The new changes are for the worse & if that comes from new mods, then maybe the new mods should take a long hard look at what clearly worked but for a few whingers... It hardly takes alot of time to 'browse' the threads does it.
    But you won't get the through traffic that the BBS gets that will help to bring new people into the sport.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the changes, I'm disagreeing with you about the reaction to the changes.

The reason HFT/FT should have a section on the general page is this.

HFT is the only shooting sport you can have a go at with really low cost equipment and no license. I ocastionaly shoot with a lad who has a SMK springer and you do not get much cheaper then that.

HFT is covered in both Airgun World and Airgunner and as such is fairly high profile. If you look at General airgun it has nearly 1.000.000 posts and allot of that will be HFT based.

Reloading has under 10.000 and muzzloaders has under 4000. So why cant we have a section on the main page and see how it goes.

If it gets no hits take it off.
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    The compromise plan that was alluded to earlier is still under advisement however, but I will up-date either way by Saturday.
    Done and done, changes made, and hope you all like them ... Personally I think it is terrific and think this section is now superb and much much better than ever before . Atb and happy (field target) hunting : G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

[QUOTE=Gareth W-B;3494728]Done and done, changes made, and hope you all like them ... Personally I think it is terrific and think this section is now superb and much much better than ever

Gareth you keep popping up everywhere and are taking your position very seriously.Did i see you at the Worlds? Dark hair, fringe and a moustache wearing a German uniform??
    Only pulling your leg!!! and keep
    Steve P.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by steve prime View Post
    Gareth you keep popping up every where and are taking your position very seriously. Did i see you at the Worlds? Dark hair, fringe and a moustache wearing a German uniform?? . Only pulling your leg!!! and keep

Steve P.
    ... Damn, thought I'd got away with it unrecognised . Ha ha. Hi Steve, yep, always smiling me . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    Personally the main thing I use the BBS for at the minute is finding a HFT/FT shoot and, everything else is just banter/nonsense. Albeit very enjoyable banter/nonsense with people I know. The amount of forums for shooting I have in my favourites list is huge so one more won't hurt.

Ryan
    Spot on.Its amazing how many things I've picked up on speck, browsing through the general airgun section and coming across things of interest by accident.Possibly it might not happen now if I become selective on what I browse.
    Nice shooting Monday Ryan.
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.