Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Threads, The Worlds, Life, The Universe & Everything ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    I'll have a pint of whatever he's drinking
    meths ?
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Lemsip - I'm delirious WHo heeeeee. I have the flu

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Hope you feel better in the morning..Raj
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

... a little early, but what the heck -- pour me one too ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Jackel is going to set the BBS ablaze with one of his fire-lighter thingys, Baz is going to collect the insurance money, and all the Mods are going to give each other alibis, is that the plan?
    ... Damn ... Seems we've a leak ... Ha ha ... Nice one matey, made me laugh . Atb and will up-date when can: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Frankly I couldn't care less where the banter is.

However, yesterday I received an email from Pete saying UKAHFT information would no longer be posted on the BBS.

Now I'm sorry if this upsets people in both camps and I hope I'll not be banned and my UKAHFT bookings will still be honoured but...

...for god's sake will the two camps please sort it out like grown ups!

Yes it seems a bit silly to hide a major element of the BBS in a sub-section. No I don't agree that these changes are good (although I feel sorry for Gareth and the other Mods that have to please everybody!) but...

...refusing to post UKAHFT information on the BBS is just as daft.

At a time when events are not selling out (I was there at LV and I counted the cars) surely it's in the best interests of the sport to get the information as widely known not hide it in some backwater forum (sorry RobF, damn fine layout and nicely organised though ShootingTheBreeze is it is a backwater) where people who don't know about it will not go.

Those of us who do know about it have enough to do I'm sure, without having to visit yet another forum.

Frankly this whole situation helps no one and hurts everybody and I'm not the only one with this view by the way.

So UKAHFT and the BBS mods, get on the blower, make up and lets have some sense in this whole thing.

Sorry to everybody who might be upset by what I've posted but it had to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Weevie View Post
    Frankly I couldn't care less where the banter is.

However, yesterday I received an email from Pete saying UKAHFT information would no longer be posted on the BBS.

Now I'm sorry if this upsets people in both camps and I hope I'll not be banned and my UKAHFT bookings will still be honoured but...

...for god's sake will the two camps please sort it out like grown ups!

Yes it seems a bit silly to hide a major element of the BBS in a sub-section. No I don't agree that these changes are good (although I feel sorry for Gareth and the other Mods that have to please everybody!) but...

...refusing to post UKAHFT information on the BBS is just as daft.

At a time when events are not selling out (I was there at LV and I counted the cars) surely it's in the best interests of the sport to get the information as widely known not hide it in some backwater forum (sorry RobF, damn fine layout and nicely organised though ShootingTheBreeze is it is a backwater) where people who don't know about it will not go.

Those of us who do know about it have enough to do I'm sure, without having to visit yet another forum.

Frankly this whole situation helps no one and hurts everybody and I'm not the only one with this view by the way.

So UKAHFT and the BBS mods, get on the blower, make up and lets have some sense in this whole thing.

Sorry to everybody who might be upset by what I've posted but it had to be said.

Got to say, good points well made, time someone cut through the cr@p, trouble is, we have to be very careful these days, it is so easy to upset some or all of the BBS without really trying.

Tamworth, Staffs 198 miles North of Calais :D
    At a time when HFT is seeing increased interest because of the worlds, which incidentally was the biggest event in the sports relatively short history, people are bound to feel aggreived that a newbie to the BBS will not find the HFT section easily, it seems like at the sports finest hour it has been pushed into a dark corner, that could by why the UKAHFT feel the way they do, not suprising really.
    When all is said and done this forum remains free and succesfull and decisions have to be accepted, although, i would consider these events as a bit of an own goal really, bowing to the minority of complainers (wonder if they had of complained if it was an increase in posts regarding their favourite division) and upsetting the people interested in their greatest hour, it would have all died naturally without any animosity anywhere anyway,
    Peace to all
    Cliff
    Unique S400 Classic with MTC Viper 10x44

One major point worth noting is that a lot of people will jump ship to check on HFT dates,comps and scores ( myself included )but this doesn't mean I will not use the bbs anymore , I like to follow my chosen sport and thats that.

I think this has all got out of hand , too many sections trying to accomodate the many aspects of our sport .

I have said before that I agree with the latest changes in part but the fun has gone as a result , I agree with Mr Cooper and his ban on bumps as it gives others the chance to have their advert seen BUT I for one miss being able to post comments on the sales section as it has always been a part of the whole banter on here .

I also think that the competition threads were getting plain daft , half the time with page after page of sh 1 te I simply forgot what the hell the thread was about - that said we all used to have a good laugh on there .

No one really likes change but sometimes it just has to happen to give others a fair crack of the whip , I think my comment wrt HFT being very popular over other disciplines on here has been proven . Personally I think it's a shame ( it's come to this ) that Pete isn't going to post details on here but fair play to him .

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    At a time when HFT is seeing increased interest because of the worlds, which incidentally was the biggest event in the sports relatively short history, people are bound to feel aggreived that a newbie to the BBS will not find the HFT section easily, it seems like at the sports finest hour it has been pushed into a dark corner, that could by why the UKAHFT feel the way they do, not suprising really.
    When all is said and done this forum remains free and succesfull and decisions have to be accepted, although, i would consider these events as a bit of an own goal really, bowing to the minority of complainers (wonder if they had of complained if it was an increase in posts regarding their favourite division) and upsetting the people interested in their greatest hour, it would have all died naturally without any animosity anywhere anyway,
    Peace to all
    Cliff
    All sides have scored an own goal here.

Having information about UKAHFT on the BBS in a dark corner isn't great (and IMHO shouldn't have happened) but the traffic the BBS gets can't be questioned.

Putting the information another dark corner not on the BBS is no better and possibly worse.

Come on chaps, get together, work out a compromise and let's see UKAHFT decently advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    One major point worth noting is that a lot of people will jump ship to check on HFT dates,comps and scores
    What about the people who are yet to discover the joys of HFT Dave?

How many BBS members have idly looked at a UKAHFT event thread and thought, 'Hmmm...fancy a go of that'.

Unlikely to happen if it's stuck in a sub-section, I'll grant, but even less likely to happen if it's on another forum that's known to a very few. (sorry RobF again but it's true).

The BBS has momentum, no other forum that has started up in the last few years has managed to gain that momentum. Why? Because many people don't want the hassle of having to go to multiple forums.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weevie View Post
    The BBS has momentum, no other forum that has started up in the last few years has managed to gain that momentum. Why? Because many people don't want the hassle of having to go to multiple forums.
    Begs the question why fix what ain't broke? Just because some muppet has had his wrists slapped for talking nonsense and ruined it by getting drunk/petty. The question about having a HFT or hunting section pops up regularly and we always get the same answers that it takes too much time from the mods and isn't needed as general accomodates it. Now we have a new mod with loads of time on his hands I suppose that changes things, although I don't think Gareth realised the problems this section would cause him and the time it would take!

Personally the main thing I use the BBS for at the minute is finding a HFT/FT shoot and buying more airguns, everything else is just banter/nonsense. Albeit very enjoyable banter/nonsense with people I know. The amount of forums for shooting I have in my favourites list is huge so one more won't hurt.

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Why not move

Firearm reloading and firearm reviews under the firearms section instead of having general section to themselves.

Then have HFT/FT as a general section. In my opinion the main page should be.

General Airgun
    Non Airgun
    HFT/FT
    Firearms/Shotguns/Rimfire
    Reviews
    Bp/ Muzzleloaders
    Optics/Nightvision
    Target/Comptitions.

Put collectible airguns as a subsection of General airgun and reloading under firearms.

This seems sensible to me
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by scutter View Post
    Why not move

Firearm reloading and firearm reviews under the firearms section instead of having general section to themselves.

Then have HFT/FT as a general section. In my opinion the main page should be.

General Airgun
    Non Airgun
    HFT/FT
    Firearms/Shotguns/Rimfire
    Reviews
    Bp/ Muzzleloaders
    Optics/Nightvision
    Target/Comptitions.

Put collectible airguns as a subsection of General airgun and reloading under firearms.

This seems sensible to me
    Firearms stuff in with firearms inc ML and BP guns I don't think there's a need for separate HFT/FT sections as it fits in with general airgun so well, like hunting and tuning etc.

Competition for shoot dates and let the nonsense continue on the threads, there's been some great banter that has started here continue onto a course.

The busiest section is non airgun by a country mile, which shows most of us just want to talk about rubbish, it's going to happen whatever. Although I reckon the sales bump rules are fair, transfering that over to events etc is daft especially when a lot of the worlds threads were moved from page 2, surely they would have died naturally?

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Why will it affect the UKAHFT, in a while shootingthebreeze.com would get enough people on it just like any other forum, links from other sites, even here will help people find it...
    I think it frankly pathetic that the Worlds threads especially were stuck in the naughty corner & not on the main pages... The new changes are for the worse & if that comes from new mods, then maybe the new mods should take a long hard look at what clearly worked but for a few whingers... It hardly takes alot of time to 'browse' the threads does it.