Thread: hyscore pistol ,,receipt 1965

hyscore pistol ,,receipt 1965

ive just found one of my boxed hyscore pistols [target]which i havnt seen in a long time,with the original sales receipt from23rd march 1965!!

hyscore pistol 22 air pistol £8 2 6d
    500 bsa pellets 4 schillings 10d grand total £8 7 4d
    it was purchased from fenwicks in wolverhampton
    this pistol is absolutely mint and boxed with the original tin of bsa pellets of which only about 30-40 pellets have been [i know the history of this gun]shot,whats it worth today please
    if anyone wants to see the pistol and receipt out of curiosity will gladly post some pics
    thanks
    rgds scirroco

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3635627...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3635627...n/photostream/
    Last edited by scirroco; 17-04-2009 at 06:08 AM. Reason: mistake

pics now added
    rgds scirroco

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Mate, I am no expert on values on these, but its got to be at the top end with the box and paperwork!.......to even have the reciept is great,... Remembering back to my first "proper" new air rifle..a BSA mercury, the box was ripped open, the targets (and oil bottle once empty) peppered with pellets and the holder lost and rusty somewhere in the bushes......when we bought pellets, we emptied the tins/packets into our pockets, and used the tins for targets!!!......at that age we had no conception of time past the coming weekend, so never thought about keeping all the bits and bobs for the future

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I have a coupls of these. A decent condition US Hyscore without a box will go for £80, yours must be worth at least £150-200 to the right buyer (although hard times tend to push values down). Nice rediscovery!

I don't want to appear critical, it's great to see one of these lovely old pistols with the box and everything, but I was wondering what has happened to the rearsight?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    I don't want to appear critical, it's great to see one of these lovely old pistols with the box and everything, but I was wondering what has happened to the rearsight?
    rob- if you click on 'all sizes' you'll see in the larger image that the rear sight is still there, i believe that these were spot welded so if they do come adrift it's a bit of a problem putting them back...

john

scirroco- that's a beautiful pistola
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

They weren't spot welded as far as I know John, the rearsight just slides into a dovetail in the top of the cylinder. The rearsight appears to have been bent upwards on this one.

A better picture might solve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    hi rob
    absolutely nothing wrong with the sight on this pistol!! if you would like me to take a better photo so you can sleep well tonight i would be happy to !
    thanks to all for your help
    rgds scirroco

That wedge piece that raises or lowers the rearsight should be level on the cylinder of the pistol, I'm not being critical but it looks from the first photo as though the rearsight on yours is bent upwards. I've never seen a Hy-Score where the rearsight wedge piece isn't held down flat to the cylinder before.