Thread: Help sending a air rifle abroad (Holland)

Help sending a air rifle abroad (Holland)

Hi as title I know they can't fly so how do you go about sending a rifle abroad and any idea of cost . I have been asked if i will post a rifle i have for sale to the Netherlands

I have sent 2 parcels to Holland containing air guns without any problems.

Separate the stock from the action to keep the length of the parcel down (and bubblewrap them well)...then just take it to the post office and away you go!...Label it clearly and include your address marked as the sender on the back of the parcel.

A word of warning though...postage cost was very, very expensive with adequate insurance cover. The 2 guns cost £30 (insured for £100) and £50 (insured for £400) respectively.

Both guns took around a week or so to arrive.

Hope this helps
    blah blah

Posting

Hi thanks for the information what service did you use and did you tell them what the parcel was

Posting

sorry i should have said it is a pcp so it can't go by air mail so i would have to tell them what was in the parcel

The parcels were sent through the PO using Parcelforce Worldwide think I used the "Global Value" service with extra insurance.

One of the guns I sent was a PCP (completely empty the reservoir), and no, I did not declare what was in the parcels...the guns were perfectly legal sub 12fpe...so I considered that info was mine and the recipient's business.
    blah blah