Thread: Webley mark3 date

Webley mark3 date

just wondering if anyone could put an approximate date on a webley mark 3
    serial number A6983, & if anyone knows where i can get a stripdown guide
    Thanks
    richiet

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

mk3 date

Im sure someone will tell you but for now---according to july 2007 airgun world, the sixth series of the mk3 ran from 1966 t0 1975 and the numbers were A0060--A9999
    B0001--B9999
    F0001--F6200+ so yours is closer to the first run.
    Dont know about guide but strip is very easy ---take out of stock,take off cocking arm and under lever--Take breech plate off and remove tap. Take out trigger screws and then pins to remove trigger and sear--UNDO LEFT HAND tHREAD SCREW-Unscrew trigger block-- Remove mainspring and piston----(hard bit coming up) I think earlier ones had the piston washer rivetted on and later ones screwed---Sometimes,as on all guns with a countersunk screw holding on the piston washer, The screw gets battered and can be hard to remove, usually resulting in a damaged piston washer. If you are lucky then the washer will be in good nick. I think its pot luck---Ive seen some guns around 45 or 50 years old that the washer is okay on and others where it has rotted away, probably due to too much oil being put into the cylinder. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Im sure someone will tell you but for now---according to july 2007 airgun world, the sixth series of the mk3 ran from 1966 t0 1975 and the numbers were A0060--A9999
    B0001--B9999
    F0001--F6200+ so yours is closer to the first run.
    Dont know about guide but strip is very easy ---take out of stock,take off cocking arm and under lever--Take breech plate off and remove tap. Take out trigger screws and then pins to remove trigger and sear--UNDO LEFT HAND tHREAD SCREW-Unscrew trigger block-- Remove mainspring and piston----(hard bit coming up) I think earlier ones had the piston washer rivetted on and later ones screwed---Sometimes,as on all guns with a countersunk screw holding on the piston washer, The screw gets battered and can be hard to remove, usually resulting in a damaged piston washer. If you are lucky then the washer will be in good nick. I think its pot luck---Ive seen some guns around 45 or 50 years old that the washer is okay on and others where it has rotted away, probably due to too much oil being put into the cylinder. I hope this helps.
    Thanks a lot for the information.
    the rifle is in poor condition & i done want to try to fire it untill i know it is sound inside.
    thanks again
    richiet

Hi richiet. I have some information the will come in for you, it is the trigger set up for early, and the late models of MK3 WEBLEYS . Its a few pages from Airgun world . Free to you if you send me a pm. Ican post them on if you leave your address.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunman61 View Post
    Hi richiet. I have some information the will come in for you, it is the trigger set up for early, and the late models of MK3 WEBLEYS . Its a few pages from Airgun world . Free to you if you send me a pm. Ican post them on if you leave your address.
    pm sent & thanks a lot, thats very good of you.
    atb
    richiet

Webley Mk II Care & Maintenance Guide

Hi Richiet,

Just tonight, I've been scanning an original Webley guide into my computer. I've assembled the 10 pages into a PowerPoint file. Trouble is, it's all graphics now,so a pretty big file at 28.2 Mb. If you have an Email account which can handle it, I'll be glad to Email you a copy. I'm also currently transcribing the text into a Word document. It will then be a much, much smaller document. Hopefully, It'll be completed in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcDV View Post
    Hi Richiet,

Just tonight, I've been scanning an original Webley guide into my computer. I've assembled the 10 pages into a PowerPoint file. Trouble is, it's all graphics now,so a pretty big file at 28.2 Mb. If you have an Email account which can handle it, I'll be glad to Email you a copy. I'm also currently transcribing the text into a Word document. It will then be a much, much smaller document. Hopefully, It'll be completed in a week or so.
    Hi
    If you could send me it as a word document when you complete it that would be great, thanks very much for that.
    atb
    richiet

If you go to my signature sight, you will find a scan of a Webley Mk.3 manual in the appropriate section.
    The production dates given in the 2007 article are not to be taken as gospel. They were compiled from data held by three of us, so some are estimated according to estimates of production numbers.
    More accurate details will be contained in a forthcoming book on Webleys, which should, hopefully, be published by the end of the year.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    As mentioned in "classic strips" thread. If one of the monitors can move post two to a new thread.Thanks
    Sorry matey, we don’t have a facility or function that can merge threads/posts unfortunately. Best thing to do is for you to start a thread with the title you wish then post links to relevant threads within it . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.