Thread: Falcon 35x56 for FT?

Falcon 35x56 for FT?

As above, how good is the Falcon 35x56 comparing to other scopes for FT?
    Is it going to hold on a springer?

T35

just bought one to put on my back up gun (LG 110) do my distances and dialing next week. first impression ranges same place every time and and a very good picture for a entry level fixed mag scope. let you know how it pans out.
    p.s DON'T GET EXCITED THE WALLY'S STAYING PUT!

Big Bill
    BOINGING ALONG,SINGING A SONG AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BEAUTIFUL BRINEY SEA

p.s DON'T GET EXCITED THE WALLY'S STAYING PUT!
    You liar!!!! you said you'd be at Harriers tomorrow!!!!!!
    Air Arms Ev2 MKII, Big Nikko, lots of luck!
    Air Logic Genesis .177

I've been using one for over a year now, replacing a mark 1 big Nikko. I won't be going back to the Nikko.

Optically this T35 is excellent. Initially it was harder to use than the Nikko, as I would mis-range by stopping turning the sidewheel when the image had reached the sharpness I was used to. I had to learn that carrying on turning a bit further would often reveal even more detail that the Nikko did not resolve.

Contrast is excellent. It focuses well in almost any lighting condition.

It focuses down to about 11 yards.

The only thing that makes it an entry level scope is the price.

Personally I would like a little more mag, as I always shot the Nikko on 45 mag.

T35

I agree with everything that Rich says its a LOT OF SCOPE FOR THE MONEY.
    recomend you buy new £234 posted guarenteed for a year.bigger side wheel needed as 45/50/55 yards do get abit cramped.

Big Bill
    BOINGING ALONG,SINGING A SONG AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BEAUTIFUL BRINEY SEA

Someone whose experience and judgement I value is Rockdrill on here. He has a wide collection of rifles and scopes and has worked on most of his own kit and a lot of other people's.

I saw him a month ago at Dartmoor Marksmen just before he flew out to South Africa, and he wanted to have a look through the T35 as he had been asked about them by friends in SA but it was one scope he hadn't used for himself.

I think it's fair to say he was astonished at the image quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Someone whose experience and judgement I value is Rockdrill on here. He has a wide collection of rifles and scopes and has worked on most of his own kit and a lot of other people's.

I saw him a month ago at Dartmoor Marksmen just before he flew out to South Africa, and he wanted to have a look through the T35 as he had been asked about them by friends in SA but it was one scope he hadn't used for himself.

I think it's fair to say he was astonished at the image quality.
    Ok, if he has seen it, I'll ask him. He is here at the moment but I didn't have a chance to meet him.

Does anyone know if this Falcon 35x56 will hold properly on a springer?

Had a look through Rich's today. (for a few mins...) Pretty damned impressed!

In the short while I had it, and manage to use his left handed stock, I ranged 50 yds 3 out of 3 times, and 55 2 out of 3, perhaps being a yard out on the 3rd. Considering I was struggling to even get my eye behind the scope I thought that was pretty good. Eye relief wasn't too fussy.

Gaps on the standard wheel were good... and you'd easily be able to get 52.5 yds in between 50 & 55 with ease.

It has a level of sharpness that's pretty good... it aint no leup, but then I find they have too much sharpness for my liking. I was able to resolve details on a screw head at 55 in bright overcast light.

Optically, again it's no leup, but it's on par with a good custom shop, slightly shy of a good deben perhaps, and better than a big nikko on the same mag. It works like my custom shop... wind it one way, slow as you like, wobble the wheel back and forth, and as long as you finish winding the same way, when the image is sharp as can be, it's on the money to the yard. On the brief test, it seems to have foolproof/bombproof ranging the way I like.

The wire on the ret is thicker than a leup comps wire, and the dot is about the same size. The image is pretty bright, and the field of view felt much wider than a leup comp. There was some milkyness, but nothing that would upset me. I looked at a dark black target, and it didn't seem to get lost... but then it wasn't down some dark hole... but then a lot of scopes struggle down them.

Turrets are very positive.

Given the price, i'd buy one of these in a minute over a leup comp. End of. I struggled more with a nikko on 50x later in the day on the same targets. This scope seemed pretty idiot proof to me, which is how I like my scopes . Given the apparent feeling of a wide field, i'd say that this filled what I didn't like so much with a leup comp.

If i'd have found one of these a few years ago, i'd say I could still be using one now...

Needs a 50 ft adaptor (but didnt find out where the crossover is)... and rich had to shim the wheel's boss to make the wheel mount securely.

For the money, it's hard to find fault... and given the choice between this and a leup comp, i think i'd be going with one of these...

Some get on with leups, some don't. I don't... so if you do you might think this is a sub par optic scope... but if you don't get on with them, this is worth serious consideration.

... i'm 1/2 tempted to go and try and find one now...

This one focuses down to 11 yards without the CFA. I have markings on the wheel from 55 to 11, then on the other edge of the wheel from 14 to 8 with the CFA in place.

Falcon test these scopes to .338LM so should be OK on a springer
    I have one and it is very, very good for the money.
    Apart from the crisp optics, the elevation adjustment is spot on too. I dial ranges with centerfire - it returns to zero faultlesly.
    Eye relief is a little close on a rifle with substantial recoil though.