Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gp 1 today at harriers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gungeek View Post
    Good to see a couple of SEFTA men in the 42's. What happened anyway, were the conditions much different between the two sessions? Regards ... Geek
    i think the wind was same in both sessions just changed direction very quickly and one min there next not caught a few people out and a bit of heat haze off the ground in the pm session didn`t help with ranging

Shaun
    Last edited by richos36; 20-04-2009 at 09:26 PM.
    Codnor Target and Field Club & CASTLE F.T.A.R.C
    AIR ARMS OWNERS CLUB SHOOTING THE BREEZE
    HW100 in EV2 winter real tree stock. AAs200 mk1 in home made stock

Quote Originally Posted by richos36 View Post
    and a bit of heat haze of the ground in the pm session didn`t help with ranging

Shaun
    I'd say so. Started on Lane 1 and didn't get a firm range until I got over to the lakes. 5 yds of haze change at the very best.

Didn't help matters that I trusted my windicator, which I can only guess was being pulled into a vortex as the wind came behind me... 3 down was not a good start.

I reckon what the afternoon lacked in strength it held in mystery for a lot of the course.

Pics are here. (thread posted because inline images are disabled on this forum)

The conditions sound like they were very challenging; wind of variable strength from indefinite directions, then heat haze in the afternoon. Mental note; book the early session from now on. A real shooter's course then by the sound of it, worthy of a Grand Prix which is ... as it should be. Well done to all who took part, must have been a great day. Regards ... Geek

p.s. Some great pictures there, look at the concentration!!! Are these guys into it, or what.
    Last edited by Gungeek; 20-04-2009 at 08:12 PM.
    PauL H. - Shotgoon
    Brownings: 1999 Ultra XS; 2004 B525 Field; 2010 Maxus Hunter: Air Arms 1998 Mk.2 Pro-Target, 2001 Mk.2 Pro-Sport & 2003 S400C