Thread: "THE JOYS" Diana 27

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

"THE JOYS" Diana 27

Tried to do a post yesterday and lost it--Sent a pm to Gareth asking why? I think I type too slow.
    Anyway the G27 arrived saturday and I tried a few shots in the afternoon. It seemed ok but down on power a bit so I decided to strip it on sunday. Stripped,cleaned and lubed it with gn paste,sm50 and lt2. I couldnt undo the lock screw on the cocking arm pivot as it seemed loctited in. Piston was a bit eggy but seemed ok and washer looked good. Decided to try a meteor spring in it which went in ok (no spring compressor). It dieseled and was a bit all over. Plate of rearsight was a bit loose in body so I gave it a squeeze and a touch with a needle file to get a good tight fit. Had the same problem and realised Id not punched the pin through far enough. The trigger seemed a bit light which could have been me (although I have had a problem on Dianas and small webleys when a new mainspring has been fitted as it puts more pressure on the sear). Gradually the accuracy started to come in THEN IT HAPPENED---I closed the barrel of the gun and it fired and something hit the floor--It was half the cocking arm pivot screw (IF ANYONE HAS ONE PLEASE). Then the fun began. I managed to hacksaw a slot on the remainder and wound it back through the breech block---But the lock screw had loosened (forgot to mention I put plus gas on it) but would not turn. About 20 minutes with drill,punch and needle file shifted it. Upon inspection of the broken pivot screw,there was no clean metal which made me think. Did someone know the screw was broken and decided to loctite the lock screw in to try to keep it in place? Anyway tried to get a new screw from Chambers (not confident ) as its same as Diana 25,ordered a mainspring and trigger spring. LIke I said "the JOYS"

Hey ggggr, next time you have the cocking and trigger mech out would you mind taking a few pics and sending them to me. I've got a 27 but it wont cock. The tang on the rear of the piston will not reach into the collet, and I suspect the whole of that part of the gun is from another model.

Have a look at this thread

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361508

I have taken some pics of my trigger parts, see if you recognise anything. The cocking arm travels all the way to the end of the slot, and the piston goes all the way back. The problem is, it doesn't go far enough back to push the inner housing onto the sear. My suspicion is that the outer housing is the wrong part, which means the whole assy is half an inch too far back in the cylinder. Otherwise the shaft on the rear of the piston is too short and may need packing to bring the locating barb further back.

I'll take some more pics at the weekend. Ged has stated on my thread that it looks like it should have the 3 ball bearings holding the inner and outer trigger housings in place, as shown on the Chambers diagram.

Hi ggggr, I've just put some more pics up on the other thread 'calling Mod27 experts'. See if you recognise anything.