Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vintage air guns for competition

Thanks Ed, glad you enjoyed it....
    A man's best friend is his weapon.....

BFTO Member and Vintage enthusiast.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Thanks, Ed!

Yes, it does look simpler, and the scoring area looks a lot bigger, than those in the older targets (they were 3/8", I believe).

As badly as I shoot, though, I'd probably do a lot better with the Crosman.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Finally got round to it

Looks like a great, simple (NOT "easy"! LOL!) target. Some beautiful old rifles there.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Timer View Post
    we are always on hand every wednesday eve from around 4pm until 11pm @ Bisley if you ever wanted to pop by and have a ding at our bell targets!
    I'd sure take you up on your nice offer of hospitality, OT. Only problem is, I'm a long way from Bisley.

I will be visiting the UK in a few weeks but unfortunately, Bisley isn't on the schedule , although we are going to the Greyhound Club in Coventry on 23 May for a friendly air pistol competirion.

Cheers!

Jim

Hay Jim, no worries maybe we could organise a postal shoot?

Funny that you mentioned that.....

Actually, OT, I'm in the process of organizing a vintage air rifle / air pistol comp right now! Even though I don't yet own any vintage pieces.

First shoot is scheduled for 30 May, and it will be under the sponsorship of our little informal Umarex Boys Club. Please check us out in the Air Pistol sub-forum of, I think it's the first main forum listed.

We also have 6 yard Bullseye, Snooker, Police (note my Signature), and we're starting a 10 meter Bullseye comp, too.

These are all for air pistols: but the Vintage event will have separate air rifle and air pistol categories.

Jim