Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HFT at Fort Airgun Club on Sunday 26th April.

HFT at Fort Airgun Club on Sunday 26th April.

Hi guys.

Just a little reminder that Fort Airgun Club will be running a 25 target HFT competition this coming Sunday (26th April). Plinking/zeroing range available too.

Come along and enjoy some real good hospitality in beautiful surroundings. The landowner can even cook you an English breakfast to make your day complete.

Signing on starts at 10:00a.m. Safety brief at 10:30a.m. Competition to start immediately after the safety brief.

Look forward to seeing a good turnout.

Mike.

Yep ill be there

This will be an ideal opertunity if you havent tried hft before, so come along and have a go.

Directions are on our website and forum (link in my sig)

website www.fortairgunclub.com

Yep I'll be there guys.

I came to one of your other HFT shoots.

This place is a beautiful setting. Fantastic views. Great course with wooded area and open meadows and really tricky downbank shots.

Great bunch of lads.

See you Sunday boys.

Boz

Get yourselve down.

I'll be there.

Get yourslves down for a really friendly shoot in great surrondings.

I can't remember which of you chaps was having a 'mare with the BSA S10.

I'll be shooting a springer on Sunday but I'll bring my Bowketted S10 with me for you to have a go with ( I think it's Mike ? ). It's as accurate as anything you'll ever shoot.

I really hope you can get your S10 sorted by Bowkett. They can actually shoot accurately.

Boz

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Mark and Boz, hope this doesn't open the whole debate again, but now that you have a nice new HFT & FT labelled front page club chat and banter bit, this sort of thread really should be in there, shouldn't it ? If nowt else, it will get you more target readers (pun intended ) I'm sure, so going to shift it over. Its memory mark will still be in the general section however, so anyone viewing general that'd like to read it, will be able to link to it direct . Hope you understand . Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 20-04-2009 at 10:23 PM. Reason: to point out that this thread's memory mark will still be in general for linking etc.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi Mark and Boz, hope this doesn't open the whole debate again, but now that you have a nice new HFT & FT labelled front page club chat and banter bit, this sort of thread really should be in there, shouldn't it ? If nowt else, it will get you more target readers (pun intended ) I'm sure, so going to shift it over. Its memory mark will still be in the general section however, so anyone viewing general that'd like to read it, will be able to link to it direct . Hope you understand . Atb: G.
    No problem i didi tell mikey to put it in this section but i dont think he heard me, so i was waiting for it to be moved, as long as it gets seen im not too bothered where our club "ads" go

edit: as long as it aint in the bin that is!

Hi Gareth

Just needs a change of habit I suppose.

As I've said before I only usually hover around the General section. I didn't know about this shoot until I saw it in the General section and I'm glad I did because it's a great place to shoot with a bunch of good blokes.

I don't out of habit ( yet ) come to this page .. so if it hadn't originally appeared in the general I would have missed this shoot.

Looking through the general section there may need to be a spot of consistency giving this page is FT / HFT or the mud crawlers may get even more upset.

Life used to be pretty simple for a simple chap like me ... make cup of tea ... switch on PC ... spend 20 mins looking at Airgun BBS.

Now it's look in general section ... don't forget to look into FT / HFT events page in case I'm missing something HFT ... and don't forget to log onto Shoot the breeze in case there's something UKAHFT going on there.

Eeeeeeeee dear ... never mind eh ?

Boz

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets Bueller View Post
    No problem i did tell mikey to put it in this section but i dont think he heard me, so i was waiting for it to be moved, as long as it gets seen im not too bothered where our club "ads" go .
    ... Thank you matey, and as for being binned? No worries matey, as that just ain't going to happen, and ...

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    Looking through the general section there may need to be a spot of consistency giving this page is FT / HFT or the mud crawlers may get even more upset.
    ... Hi Boz, and thanks to you too. If you see any "lost" threads, just p-m me a link (as may not have seen it), and I'll move them over.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    Life used to be pretty simple for a simple chap like me ... make cup of tea ... switch on PC ... spend 20 mins looking at Airgun BBS.

Now it's look in general section ... don't forget to look into FT / HFT events page in case I'm missing something HFT ... and don't forget to log onto Shoot the breeze in case there's something UKAHFT going on there.
    I do empathise with you Boz, but hopefully the trend of posting events threads in the general section (which has only really been going on main-stream for a month now), will change as folk get used to this front page flagged HFT and FT section.

As for the UKAHFT no longer wishing to post their events here? Well that is their choice, although I do hope they do change their mind, as limiting their events exposure can't be good for the organising clubs finances? As stated tho, it is their choice and I will respect that.

Atvb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Bozzer do it the easy way mate, just click "new posts" that way you get to see everything It can take a while to look through them all but you dont miss a thing then?

As to the different sections, as long as you know where to look then it shoudnt be a problem really. But i guess its the fact people dont like change.

Ps bozzer are you member of the Fort forum? You can keep up to date with our shoots and see the calender too

I'll be there too Mikey. Sundays trip to Tawd didn't set my dodgy knee off so all is well

So don't worry about being last guys ......

Thats my spot

Look forward to meeting you again Boz,

Rick.
    Last edited by Dud Fivers; 21-04-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    Displaced Grumpy Old Yorkshireman www.fortairgunclub.com

Bump for sunday

Anyone for a nice days shooting? everyone welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Andy478 View Post
    Anyone for a nice days shooting? everyone welcome
    My dodgy Knee is Donald Ducked again It packed in on friday morning

Might come along for the morning out and maybe shoot the comp if its up to it.

If not I could always have a good old plink

Rick.
    Displaced Grumpy Old Yorkshireman www.fortairgunclub.com

Next time

I am new to the sport and am looking forward to taking part in my first comp, i cant make it tomorrow, we have to go to a Christining
    But i have told the wife, next comp that comes up i am on it

So have a good one, i will look on the fort airgun site for next day out,
    see you next time.