I thought i would do a guide on the correct way to strip, and relube spring airguns. I don?t claim to be an expert on this subject but ive stripped and re-lubed a fair few springers now and with my own know how and other advice ive picked up I hope this guide will prove useful. Ive used an Air Arms Tx200hc .22 as my strip subject and will include any differences between the tx and prosport as and where needed, I will also amend for normal springers where needed.

Right to start with you will need the following tools:

Set of allen keys, various flat head screwdrivers, An adjustable wrench. A small pin punch (3mm) and hammer, 1000 grade wet and dry emery paper A good quality metal polish ie autosol, Wd40 or degreaser, gun oil, moly grease or in my case macari lubes, a soft towel and a few cloths, a roll of toilet paper and some small storage containers , oh and some rubber gloves.

Step one:

Remove your scope (it is possible to strip the tx and prosport without removing your scope but I would advice to remove it. Using a 3mm allen key remove the 2 front stock screws and rearmost trigger guard screw, they remove the forward trigger guard bolt using a 5mm allen key, put these bolt etc in your storage containers so as to not loose them and also any other small items that you don?t want to lose.
When all the 4 bolts have been removed carefully remove the action form the stock and place you stock in a safe place.

Prosport owners skip the blue section and go to the red section

TX200

Now you can see underneath the action and the under levers cir-clip that needs to be removed

Using 2 flat head screw drivers put one at the front of the clip and push the other side rear wards to push it off the bolt ie so it doesn?t spin when your pushing it off, be careful as the cir-clips can have a habit of flying into the air and into oblivion. Then gently release the cocking arm by carefully swinging it downwards until you can pull it free of the cocking shoe.

Tx owners skip the red section

Prosport

With the action removed from the stock you will see the allumium cocking lever and action. you will not need to cock the rifle ive done that for illustation purposes and because i didnt want to loose my zero removing the stock :wag tongue:

Further up the lever is another pin just like this one, that needs to be removed, it may come out just by pushing it with the 3mm punch or may need a gentle tap with your pin hammer, remove the pin and the lever will swing out and loose, now you will be able to gain access the the the bolt that connects the lever to the comp tube.

Undo this and remove the bolt and lever.

Now there is a bolt with a red cushioning washer remove this and then remove the rear trigger retaining bolt as described in the following section.