Thread: beginners guide to bp part two... calibre??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

Trying

Quote Originally Posted by harricook View Post
    Wow !

I'm running 9.4gn of Accurate No 5 in a 357 magnum case for CF target shooting.

Now assuming he loaded 20 to 25gn in his BP pistol - that must have been SOME bang !

Thanks for the info - any pics would make a useful teaching tool too !

All the best

Roy

Doing my best for pictures Roy but the H&S gnomes still have the gun.
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

Quote Originally Posted by lilguy43uk View Post
    Doing my best for pictures Roy but the H&S gnomes still have the gun.
    Thanks for the update - would I be right in assuming that the fu%%wit shooter is ok, inspite of his complete and utter stupidity?

EVERY modern replica black powder arm is I have ever seen is clearly stamped 'FOR BLACK POWDER ONLY'. How can somebody get it so wrong?

If you e-mail me, I have a picture of a similar model that was blown up with a nitro load instead of BP.

It might be a good pic to use as a sticky, too, to warn other smart-asses about ignoring basic instructions.

tac

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

The only damage

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Thanks for the update - would I be right in assuming that the fu%%wit shooter is ok, inspite of his complete and utter stupidity?

EVERY modern replica black powder arm is I have ever seen is clearly stamped 'FOR BLACK POWDER ONLY'. How can somebody get it so wrong?

If you e-mail me, I have a picture of a similar model that was blown up with a nitro load instead of BP.

It might be a good pic to use as a sticky, too, to warn other smart-asses about ignoring basic instructions.

tac
    The only injury (apart from the gun, and a severe case of Montzuma's revenge) was to someone standing behind him who received a slight cut to her forehead. The worst damage was reserved for the sidewalls (heavy gauge plywood) of the booth he was shooting from. On the right side it punched a hole straight through whilst the left side had an indentation in it.

We already have one example of carelessness and we don't want any more.
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

Quote Originally Posted by lilguy43uk View Post
    The only injury (apart from the gun, and a severe case of Montzuma's revenge) was to someone standing behind him who received a slight cut to her forehead. The worst damage was reserved for the sidewalls (heavy gauge plywood) of the booth he was shooting from. On the right side it punched a hole straight through whilst the left side had an indentation in it.

We already have one example of carelessness and we don't want any more.
    Can you imaging if it had been on the Melville @ Bisley - all that separates the shooting points is a bit of green garden mesh !
    The whole range would have got a bit of shrapnell !

Roy