I use 21gn FFFg in my stainless Remmy. It gives a satisfying thump and good accuracy without excessive recoil. The Pietta manual however, says 12 - 15gn FFFg for the .44 and 9 - 12 gn FFFg for the .36 but most of the BP forums that I've been on seem to think that this is a quite light. What do you think Tac?

European manufacturers are notoriously coy about loads, for the simple reason that they think they might get sued. Most Pietta shooters in the club to which I belong shoot between 20 and 30gr of FFFg in their .44s. Please feel free to shoot what you consider to be a safe load. Many makers, as well as the UK Proof houses, actually mark the gun with a safe load - this is NOT the proof load!

JFI - the Dixie Gun Works reference material, all of the Numrich Books, all the Black Powder Digests as well as the Pyrodex manual all have the same figures of around 24gr of FFg or 80% of that load for Pyrodex P in a modern manufacturer's .44cal revolver in good condition.

You can buy semi greased felt wads which takes all the bother of sourcing felt, buying wad cutters and ruining the dining room table curring wads.

Fine, but I know many who make their own wads. Me, I don't use 'em.

tac