Thread: interesting diana find.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

interesting diana find.

doing the usual round of the intake of new stock of vintage trade ins at my local well known emporium and i came across a diana of 30s vintage which had an uncommon resemblance to the webmk3 and as the well informed amoungst us would have pointed out it is actualy the forunner of the mk3 ,i think its the 45 although not certain ,its in a well used condition but not severe and with some fettling i think something could be made of it,loading tap is on other side and the internals are a fair bit different ,i am tempted but some of the spares required may be tricky to source ;still a very interesting link in history though .
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    doing the usual round of the intake of new stock of vintage trade ins at my local well known emporium and i came across a diana of 30s vintage which had an uncommon resemblance to the webmk3 and as the well informed amoungst us would have pointed out it is actualy the forunner of the mk3 ,i think its the 45 although not certain ,its in a well used condition but not severe and with some fettling i think something could be made of it,loading tap is on other side and the internals are a fair bit different ,i am tempted but some of the spares required may be tricky to source ;still a very interesting link in history though .
    Good find Bob and worth a punt if you can get it working. The pre-War 45s are thin on the ground and as you say, historically interesting. As you know, the smaller version of the pre-War 45 was the mod. 26, a youth-sized rifle but of exceptional build quality. Think scaled-down Webley Mk3.

c'mon Bob test those fabrication skills of yours

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

umm thats got me even more interested !! perhaps i will have another look.
    might have a look out for the youth one you mentioned garv that sounds great to;blimey here we go again thats another two i must have to fill in the chronological gaps .cheers monkey seems i do more metalwork when i get home than at work!but your right it would be nice to get her back into operation ;maybe even take her out on a hunting foray when up to spec ;theres nothing more fun than when out on a shoot and someone says whats that ,and watch their jaw drop when you tell them its older than their dad ,lol.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,