Thread: Exporting to Holland

John Henry 1 Guest

Exporting to Holland

Can anyone tell me how to legally send a declared air rifle to Holland. Post office/Parcel Force will NOT accept it. Contents have to be declared for insurance to be effective. Anyone used reasonably priced carriers.
    Cheers

Amazing isn't it, seen this mail before (similar), perhaps you should try your local gun shop and ask them to send it for you. Ask Post Office/ Parcel people why they will not accept air guns for postage to Holland and get this in writing. I'm interested to see why they won't send air guns.

Len
    Theory Men: They all know how it should work but it doesn't
    Practice Men: Everything works but nobody knows how

John Henry 1 Guest
    Len
    I have repeatedly asked them and for them to confirm, they say it is due to the legislation re. firearms in that country. A carrier quoted me over £100, crazy.
    Cheers
    John R

Jon,
    i have just sent a Stealth to Holland with Parcel force with no problems at all. I also put the contents as "UK legal air rifle" on the form that is stuck to the package. I took it to the PO told them how and where i wanted it to go and that was that, three days later it's in Holland.

Bish Bosh job done

Steve.
    Firm but fair.

John Henry 1 Guest
    Originally posted by steve D
    Jon,
    i have just sent a Stealth to Holland with Parcel force with no problems at all. I also put the contents as "UK legal air rifle" on the form that is stuck to the package. I took it to the PO told them how and where i wanted it to go and that was that, three days later it's in Holland.

Bish Bosh job done

Steve.
    Can you tell me approx. weight, size and cost. Was the form you filled in the 5 copy one. Did you put on excess ins.as I believe cover is for £150 only. May just give it a try without enquiries.
    Cheers
    John R