Thread: Benelli Comfort

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    when I bought my M2 it was as new having about 10 shells through it, I never even read the manual and just took it down to my clay ground and started clay busting, the only shell it doesn't like are the Hull comp X as they are really short 2 1/2" although eley firsts are fine ? apart from that it's never jammed or miss fired or anything it just cycles flawlessly with anything
    ...... Adapt....To......Survive.....

I agree that i have been unlucky
    I choose the Benelli because a couple of lads use them where i shoot use them and they have been very reliable and never really missed a beat.
    I have used them in the past and put 24 gram carts through them.
    Also the seem more weather proof and feel to recycle quicker than other semi's.

This review was not ment to go this way, I had a bad start with the gun but i honestly expected to say it had settled down and started working properly on the Sunday.

Next instalment when the gun is sorted
    Ill keep you posted......
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

Eley First 21gms are 67.5mm but I think the 24gms are 65mm. This probably isn't the point though. When I tried both, I felt sure the 21gms 'kicked' harder than the 24gms! As a simple test, load one type in the chamber and one of the others in the magazine - see what happens.

Keep us informed mate, we'd like to hear some good news for you. Best Regards ... Geek
    Last edited by Gungeek; 27-04-2009 at 08:16 PM.
    PauL H. - Shotgoon
    Brownings: 1999 Ultra XS; 2004 B525 Field; 2010 Maxus Hunter: Air Arms 1998 Mk.2 Pro-Target, 2001 Mk.2 Pro-Sport & 2003 S400C

Right lets start again
    The shop took the gun back under warrenty and swapped it for the same gun but with a 28" barrel (last one was 26")

I have also fitted the thicker recoil pad (3 are available)
    Also included with the gun are a full set of chokes and a proper choke key with a thread cleaner and a small bottle of something that might be oil?

I took the gun to Rufforth to try my hand at Skeet today I took some 32 gram and some 28 gram loads.
    Between me and my mate we put about 130 cartridges through the gun without a single fault
    The gun shot whatever we fed it from 2 1/2 " game cartridges to 2 3/4 target loads, we mixed them together and were unable to get a jam.
    I was very happy.
    One thing that did become clear was the recoil it feels to kick alot even with 28s but i have been told this will get better the more its used.
    I did three rounds of skeet today and shot 21, 23 and 22 not bad for a first timer
    So far im really pleased with this one I hope it contues to impress
    Next trip out is Sunday ill keep you informed.
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

He-he, that's better news Dave. I've been using my M2 exclusively for the past couple of months and sure, the recoil did seem a bit 'sharp' initially but now it doesn't. Whether this is because the stock has started to flex more, in accord with the way I shoot, or whether I've just got used to it, can't say. Just as likely, I'm now mounting the gun more consistently - the handling I now think is great! A few more outings and you'll be over the moon with it I'm certain. The M2 is the best buy I think I've ever made. Finally got my clay shells sorted; Gamebore White Gold XLR 24gms No.8's (70mm cases), £128 per thousand locally - that's value! Regards .... Geek
    PauL H. - Shotgoon
    Brownings: 1999 Ultra XS; 2004 B525 Field; 2010 Maxus Hunter: Air Arms 1998 Mk.2 Pro-Target, 2001 Mk.2 Pro-Sport & 2003 S400C

Quote Originally Posted by Gungeek View Post
    He-he, that's better news Dave. I've been using my M2 exclusively for the past couple of months and sure, the recoil did seem a bit 'sharp' initially but now it doesn't. Whether this is because the stock has started to flex more, in accord with the way I shoot, or whether I've just got used to it, can't say. Just as likely, I'm now mounting the gun more consistently - the handling I now think is great! A few more outings and you'll be over the moon with it I'm certain. The M2 is the best buy I think I've ever made. Finally got my clay shells sorted; Gamebore White Gold XLR 24gms No.8's (70mm cases), £128 per thousand locally - that's value! Regards .... Geek
    I take it your cycles the 24 ok? have you tried 21s through it?
    I have shot a total of 205 cartridges though mine now without any kind of malfunction.
    I took the barrel off today when i had finished shooting to clean the gun I looked down it and then put it back together, it was spotless.
    This is why i wanted a benelli
    Good deals with:

Glad to hear your second gun is behaving.

It sounds like the first one was a lemon, but all the same, I wonder whether the Comfort system doesn't tend to accentuate a known cause of occasional malfunctions in the Benelli inertia system, namely a loose gun mount.

(Very) basically put: if there isn't enough resistance from the shooter's shoulder and the gun is allowed to recoil too freely there can be insufficient energy left in the system to cycle the mechanism. This can happen even with standard loads, so would presumably be more likely with light target loads, and more so when a significant amount of the gun's recoil is absorbed by the stock and butt pad.

This said, failures of this sort are ultimately down to the user being too quick on the trigger rather than the gun itself, and, for me at least, negligible compared to the benefits in ease-of cleaning, versatility, and handling offered by Benelli's designs.