Thread: Corami Pistol Shoes

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to

Corami Pistol Shoes

Has anyone had experience with these, particularly sizing - I am a size 11 normally, and I think this would equate to a 46 in these pistol shoes, but am a little unsure?

Can anyone help?

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

I'm a 12 and got the size 47. They seem to be quite wide-fitting. Given you're standing still with them on, the length shouldn't be an issue. I've no fault for them. They come with various inserts and there are lace stops so you can keep it loose down low, but tighten up further up your foot. Mega adjustable. Overall, can't fault them. The soles are very rigid, so don't put them on too far from the firing point .

One thing I have learned is that they aren't the solution to your shooting short-comings. You'll still need consistency and a good technique. I still think they're worth it as they close off one more of those things on your to-do list

the only safe way is to try a pair. easier said than done! i know.
    don't forget your feet swell when standing at a firing point for 2 hours,and always try on a pair late on in the day when your feet have reached their maximum size.
    being a pistol shooter i am confined to wearing shoes but could not justify spending £100+ for shoes
    therefor i use a pair of cycling specific trainers (sixsixone) which have a mega flat and stiff sole and only cost £50. used only for shooting and nothing else.
    steyr lp5,steyr lp10,hw77k,bsa buccaneer .177,bsa scorpion .177,original 6g
    happy with my lot!

Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    I'm a 12 and got the size 47. They seem to be quite wide-fitting. Given you're standing still with them on, the length shouldn't be an issue. I've no fault for them. They come with various inserts and there are lace stops so you can keep it loose down low, but tighten up further up your foot. Mega adjustable. Overall, can't fault them. The soles are very rigid, so don't put them on too far from the firing point .

One thing I have learned is that they aren't the solution to your shooting short-comings. You'll still need consistency and a good technique. I still think they're worth it as they close off one more of those things on your to-do list
    Yeah I have realised that throwing money at everything isn't the answer, but the current pair of shoes I have are not great, and I am trying to break my PB of 561 so all that I can do to help ...

thanks for the advice!!

Lee

at 561 you have all the neccessary skills,focus more on you mental training.
    happy with my lot!

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    at 561 you have all the neccessary skills,focus more on you mental training.
    I agree jonyb, but my feet really do suffer after a while, which is distracting to say the least

Lee

as you say,one less thing to worry about.
    what about sauer shoes?
    happy with my lot!

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    as you say,one less thing to worry about.
    what about sauer shoes?
    I thought the corami were better as they have the additional in soles etc .. they were recommended to me.

Lee

I had sauers for 10m, but they didn't fit. I prefered the look and build of the sauers... but all the inserts etc that come with the coramis make life easier.