Thread: Springer vs Precharge???....FWB 127 etc.?

edbear2 Guest

Springer vs Precharge???....FWB 127 etc.?

Have just been browsing the target section and was reading this thread;

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357056

I know its not strictly a vintage/collectable subject, but I am sure all the guys who contribute to this section would have some thoughts as many of you have 70's and 80's classics which I have no experience of........So, given a choice of gun, and assuming you both say have a identical scope......

1....why is it that a quality springer would be would not be competitive at HFT with a precharge?

(although to be fair, a couple of the replys to the above are positive in this respect)

2......which gun would you say, would give the dive bottle boys the best run for their money???

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Have just been browsing the target section and was reading this thread;

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357056

I know its not strictly a vintage/collectable subject, but I am sure all the guys who contribute to this section would have some thoughts as many of you have 70's and 80's classics which I have no experience of........So, given a choice of gun, and assuming you both say have a identical scope......

1....why is it that a quality springer would be would not be competitive at HFT with a precharge?

(although to be fair, a couple of the replys to the above are positive in this respect)

2......which gun would you say, would give the dive bottle boys the best run for their money???
    hi edbear a lot of it comes down to precharge being a lot easier to shoot!!

rgds scirroco

Hi, I would say that a pcp is probably more forgiving in technique for a start as with spring guns you have teach trigger release and follow through to get the best out of them.

Once you have reached a standard then trigger release and all of the above become relevent with pcp as well as it is technique that will get you results in the long run

You can only buy a certain ammount off success with all the new fangeled rifles and scopes. A well tuned springer can be a joy to shoot and could probably hold its own to 40 yards beyond that...well Imay have to concead that a pcp would be the right choice

Iain D

Have to agree with previous thread totally. I just bought an sfs Banshee 2 .177 to use in local club competitions. Whilst i hit most of the targets out of a 40 course i only actually hit the kill zone on 3 !, now hft i would have had a higher score but point is , spring guns even beautys like my Banshhe are much more unforgiven ladies!. I hope this dose not offend to many people out there but pcp is a lot easier to shoot consistently.