Thread: Valuation Please

Valuation Please

First off, this isn't a sales thread. If I'm selling it, you'll get a great big clue by the "For Sale" as a thread title, I'm after a valuation please.

Long story short, my dad has been given an old BSA Mercury 'S' to sell for a friend that has been long standing in a neighbours shed. The stock had woodworm holes in it , which my dad has liberally doused with paraffin to kill the little burrowing #######s, and has then stained and varnished it. Other than that, there is none of the usual cracks in the stock. The bluing is in about 20-30% condition with quite a bit of surface rust. The gun is in fully working order (and probably better than I'm describing it.

If it was in clean condition, I'd have no problem valuing it myself, but as is, what do you chaps reckon to a fair price for it?

Ta muchly.

Hello Punchsteve,

My thoughts would say about £40 - £60 .

Sam

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Hello Punchsteve,

My thoughts would say about £40 - £60 .

Sam
    A little generous imo there Sam ... £40 tops inc. insured parcel post (£10.00) is all I see it being worth, and even then, only to someone with the resources to do the remedial work themselves . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks chaps. Having looked at it a little closer, it really isn't as bad as I describe. But for the fact that the monetary black hole known as my car needs a tyre, I'd probably give him an offer myself. Ah well.