Thread: FWB History No1

FWB History No1

Just thought I would show you my new purchase as it fairly unusual. ( although I do know someone else that owns one.)

A Feinwerkbau History No1 .36 underhammer.

I have only shot this once, but I will keep you posted on how I get on with it.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...3/DSCF0115.jpg

Just plain beautiful.

Please tell us how it shoots?

Soon?

tac

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

X2!

I second Tac, on both counts!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Amazing looking pistol!

Designed by a gentleman called Billinghurst....now made to a standard that would have been unattainable in his day.

tac

that looks amazing - keep us posted please
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

Thanks for the comments.

This German made pistol is superb quality, made from the finest materials and feels fantastic.

Being a .36 caliber, the barrel has a thick wall, and is quite long at 10 1/2" make it fairly front heavy, but being a big strong lad, its no problem.

The underhammer has no half cock position, and no set trigger, its rear sight is adjustable for height, and the trigger is adjustable for weight.

I have now shot this pistol another couple more times, using .362" ball, 10.5 grains pyrodex, 3/4" dia 0.01" patch, with number 10 remington caps. I did try 7/8" patches, but found it wouldnt group.
    I have been working on my grip, and Im pleased with my progress, I have shot an 84 and 85 on MLAGB rules, my best MLAGB score using my Le Page has been an 89. So there is room for improvement. I will try adifferent loads and see if I can improve further.

The pistol is far more accurate than I will ever be, but I love its quality and feel, and certainly worth every penny.
    Last edited by Wobbly 2; 06-05-2009 at 08:27 AM.