Thread: Help needed in LV area??

Unhappy Help needed in LV area??

Hi fellas,

I'm after a major favour from some kind soul in the LV area

Just sealed a deal with one of the former members of the club living in the Herts area.

Original plan was to pay by bank transfer, but due to impending holiday etc this isn't suitable - the fella needs cash.

Would anyone in the area be able to act in a "middleman" capacity on this? I'd need to transfer you the funds, then you meet the seller and pay him cash for me?

He's willing to meet within reasonable distance to get it, only trouble is it'd need to be before Thursday when he goes on holiday

I bank with HSBC so if you're the same it'd clear immediately, other banks have a 2-3 day lead time so a degree of trust would be needed on your part (you can have my passport if you like!)

Any offers/suggestions appreciated fellas,

Dan

Or alternately how can I get cash to this fella?

Don't trust post in the slightest - and they explicitly state I'm not covered for loss of cash.

Can post offices transfer money or something?

You can send cash by Special Delivery, (Next Day or by 9 am options) covered for up to £250. If you're sending more than £250 make damn sure you tell the PO clerk and say you want cover for e.g. £500, £1,000 or £2,500. These cost a bit extra on the £3.75.

Make sure you keep the docket as your Proof of Posting and with cash you need some paper evidence of the transaction, like a copy of a bank statement etc (you can felt pen out other private bits as long as your name, address and bank ID details are visible. In other words, get a photocopy of the statement if you need to make a claim.

Special Delivery gets handled in a secure environment, locked monitored rooms etc. But - there needs to be someone at home to sign for it on delivery. If not, they should leave a card saying where it will be and when it can be collected at the local Delivery Office (usually not the same as your Post Office). Or, you can call that office and arrange a convenient time for re-delivery. It will be held for up to a week and then returned to sender. You need some proper ID to go and collect it, driving licence, passport, hpousehold bill etc.

All other services incl. Recorded Delivery are good for only a max of £28. Standard Parcels can be covered for up to £500 but this excludes cash.

You can call 08457 740 740 to check this out.

Keith

Originally posted by Geordie
    Or alternately how can I get cash to this fella?
    It seems he doesn't have a bank account then?

You could pay cash directly into their account and the money be there immediately, whatever bank they use?

To be good, one must do good.

Hehe that would work Geoffrey

Just rang the PO - Spec Del looks like the way to go, just gotta withdraw the cash and get it sent!

As long as the credit card'll let me withdraw anyway...

Cheers all for the input - looks like I'm overcomplicating things again