Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: which £1500 pcp combo

Originally posted by kirky
    It sounds like he wants the "desirable new toy" option.
    Dave.
    Yes, but he has the budget...i wish i had, or at least, could with out the missus noticing..

BoNeS Guest
    Originally posted by Barrie_G
    with that budget from bar my money would go on,

Rifle, MFR .177 + spare buddy bottle + 17 shot mag, approx £900

Scope, Weaver V16 4-16x42 £319

12 litre 300 bar bottle £239

Total £1,458

Get a few boxes of exterminators with the change and he's set for months
    why spend all that money on a nice gun like the MFR and a superb scope like the v16 then shame it all by putting crap pellets in it

lazapell2003 Guest
    tell him to buy a hw100 in 2.2 and another hw100 in 1.77 , plus a hand pump ,then you will have the best money can buy , forget the MFR or come to think of it any rapid , you will always get problems with them , I;E leaking reg's and O ring problems, plus they look damn ugly , with a bottle fixed to the front they look outdated, all that they have going for them is the shot count , but tell me anyone who uses more than 100 shots in a hunting session , the hw100 is as accurate as the rapid ,the 100 has a far better trigger, and its built to last.the rapid is like having a car with a 45 gallon drum strapped to the roof , it will do more miles, but would you realy want to own one ??

Originally posted by lazapell2003
    all that they have going for them is the shot count , but tell me anyone who uses more than 100 shots in a hunting session
    me, i spend around 3ays solid on the land i shoot on, last time i was there i empied my MFR

(we did alot of plinking aswell as hunting)

cooky Guest
    Originally posted by lazapell2003
    tell him to buy a hw100 in 2.2 and another hw100 in 1.77 , plus a hand pump ,then you will have the best money can buy , forget the MFR or come to think of it any rapid , you will always get problems with them , I;E leaking reg's and O ring problems, plus they look damn ugly , with a bottle fixed to the front they look outdated, all that they have going for them is the shot count , but tell me anyone who uses more than 100 shots in a hunting session , the hw100 is as accurate as the rapid ,the 100 has a far better trigger, and its built to last.the rapid is like having a car with a 45 gallon drum strapped to the roof , it will do more miles, but would you realy want to own one ??
    so have you owned a rapid before then ????

They havent been around so long because they are sh*te have they ???

I have to agree the rapid range is 1 of the best hunting rifles on the market

And like Gaz Gun Man says after your finished shooting you have enough for a plinking session aswell

As for the HW100 trigger being better than the MFR, I've owned both, and it isn't. The MFR has come foreward leaps and bounds. On top of that, what about all that extra weight that the HW carries. It's a good rifle, but not as good as the MFR...oh, and that silly non quock fill bottle is a pain as well.

:-)

r

The MFR trigger is just as crap as the Mk1 gamo unit, absolute b0ll0xs for an £800 rifle.
    Best rifle for what your m8 requires is an S410K .177 with a zoom DMP scope, charging bottle, case, mounts, silencer etc...and plenty of change for a few shandy sessions.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

TX Sniper Guest
    why not try the full venom custom treatment on a hw97, tx or pro sport, yeah that custom one from bar or the custom hw100, with a springer you wont have to worry about the shots per charge, and you can tune the ****** out of it and fit a nice scope, stock etc

I have a MK2 rapid .22 combo coming up for sale let me know if he is interested and i will forward details and pics.

Jason
    jason@lancaster-house.com

Best hunting gun you can get is the
    Steyr Lg100 'Hunter', based on the Lg100 'FT' gun.
    Its around £800, put a Leupold on it and its perfect.

where would you get one of these from, any where in the north west ??

Nutty_Squirrel Guest
    Best hunting gun you can get is the steyr Lg100 'Hunter', based on the steyr lg100 'Ft' gun
    Since when has there been a clear cut line saying its the best?
    What may work well with you may be a poor fit for another resulting in poor accuracy, strain to hold steadily and general uncomfort in use.

Try Mendip shooting ground that stock both the FT and hunter versions of the Steyr Lg100, I believe or if not try good old Blackpool Air-rifles. I must admit the Steyr has some excellent elements of the ultimate airgun.

In regard to Nutty Squirrel

I'm an Ft shooter, but I also am a hunter. I've use these in the field. My personal shooting preferance is nothing but pure accuracy. I have used the Field Target version in the field, along side sporting guns, and I prefered the Steyr to all the other guns.
    I have used it at 55 yards shooting rabbits, however I must say that using a rangefinder of some sort is essential to do so, but at these ranges I was sure that my shot would be placed in the correct area to dispatch the rabbit. The weight was fine for me, it depends what you want really, a carry all day gun or at the cost of weight, an european super gun.

Look its been tested on the ft circuit, to good success, so it can't be that bad .

second that rabbit sniper the lg 100 is not a heavy rifle mine with muzzle brake anschutz butt hook 20/50 mag leupold fore end adjuster still under 11 lbs from 200 bar fill get 165 shots
    Gary

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Rapid (whichever one he likes best, spare buddy bottle, CS800 if me wants something flasher), S410K Walnut sporter, or maybe a BAR CF Hw100. The Daystate X / X2 look pretty good also (not MK3 - too heavy), but havn't owned one, so cant say. Whatever he gets, must be .177

Scope - Bushnell Legend 5.5-15x40 Milldot PA, or maybe a Trophy Milldot (why the hell would you want a soddin' great sidewheel for shooting pigeons out of the trees ?) The Weaver's are nice too, or better still a reparalaxed Meopta 6x42 / 7x50 ? A high fixed mag scope (e.g. 10x sniper) ain't exactly flexible for hunting - do you guys actually hunt ?????

300 BAR bottle, whatever size depending on how much shooting he's doing - but better buy bigger in case the airgunning bug bites

HTH - JB (hunter)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.