Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: which £1500 pcp combo

the sidewheel is a reference to the weight which a lot of you bleat on about carried a hw 80/hw 77 around for hours when I was17 seems you hunters have gone soft
    Gary

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Don't need the weight, or the mag, or the objective size with all that extra parallax error, or the too high minumum mag for close up work.

Except for that, I agree
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I haven,t hunted with air rifle for the last couple of years used a 12 bore over and under beretta 8 1/2lb inweight but if I did be using my ripley with the 6/24mag bausch@lomb set @8mag this one heavy rifle 13lbs
    Gary

your forgeting the basics folks !!

whats good for you might not be for him !! its easy to say all the flashy makes, and talk about there super mods and gadgets. but the simple thing is he needs to go to a shop were he can try all the said rifles until he finds the one thats best for him......weather that be an mfr or a lightning !! all the qouted rifles will out shoot there owners hands down, so accuracy wont be an issue, the fit will
    i have an aa s410k, but really liked the look of the mfr......than i got the oppertunity tp shot one and found it was like shooting a brick !! just to bulky for me, wrong shape, and feel. the same for the mk3 daystate, horrible to hold !! but the cheaper {but just as accurite s410k was perfect for me !!
    he will save a lot of money i think by buying this way, and get a better rifle taboot then he can get himself a really good scope, and ammo with change for shotgun number 25 !!
    good luck either way !!
    A Sapper is someone who quenches your thirst if you require a drink in the desert. If you need to cross the fastest river he will bridge that gap, and if the path ahead is too much to bear, the Sapper will guide you through holding your hand. UBIQUE is his motto - for he and his family have been everywhere.

True sammy you are correct in what you are saying, however the point of this thread is to give a person an average opinion, obviously this could be accurate or devastatingly not. This is the sharing of other peoples opinions towards airguns of a very high caliber indeed, technically nobody is wrong or right. This I feel contributes to the mans check list of what to try and what everyone thinks is a good gun.
    We can't actually make a decision for the person, but we can give him a good idea to look for.

But Sammy you are very true in what you are saying, and really you have to try before you buy.

If he has a ticket already then why bother with a 12 ftlb limited gun.
    Just go and buy a .20 FAC rated MFR, 12 ltr 300 bar bottle and a quality fixed mag, mill dot scope.
    Now thats a proper pigeon stopper.

jim
    ex blue job