Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'll show you mine if you show me yours (knives)

Mark A Guest

I'll show you mine if you show me yours (knives)

Heres a few of mine that ive collected over the past few months. I know there not very good steel, i have a SOG X-RAY Vision and a Kabar knife made of D2 for when the going gets tough. I just like the look of them, especially the S&W one's they have some exellent designs.

Mark

Mark A Guest
    P.S what happened to the "what are co2 guns for" thread?.

When the thing turns up it'll look exactly like this:
    http://www.bkcg.co.uk/products/manu/kukri/ss01k.html

How come in this day and age it can still take companies 28 days to deliver

SWAT Strachan is offline I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me...
    First day back from holiday, and just the kind of post I can make a contribution towards .

This is a pic of most of my blades, I can think of a Swiss Army knife that's missing, along with an 8" bowie and a Ronin katana. I know where they are but I really couldn't be arsed to dig them out from the depths of my cupboards.

*Click flash*

I see you too have the Master Cutlery / Tom Anderson Nuke knife, have you seen the new MC knife that's been released in the States? It's called the 'Pantera' and I want a couple . Just need to find somone willing to post them to the UK.

*Pantera*

This is SWAT Strachan, living up to his profile tag.
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

The bottom katana looks like the 'blade' one, the knive in the bottom left hand corner and the one above the throwing hatchet are ugly and pointless, now i know you only collect these knives and i very much doubt any of them are used as such, but those are just a waste of money and space in my opinion. I like the rest of the collection though, especialy the throwers below the hatchet, are they gil hibben?

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Thumbs up

Mines an issue Swedish Army knife,olive green plastic handle and sheath,. Ive no pic of mine,but a pics easy to find if you want to see one.Top knife in my opinion,stainless steel,holds an edge pretty well,just the right size and cost £6.95 from local A&N store.Marvelous.
    Last edited by R. P. McMurphy; 08-08-2004 at 07:52 PM.

I use a Helle fixed blade. Norwegian laminate steel. Razor sharp and totally dependable (ask my poor finger)

Dazz

kirky Guest
    Swat Strachan,impressive array of weaponry you have there.....I only have one knife,it cost £2.50 or £3 from somewhere and I have skinned quite a few bunnies with it.
    Dave.

Toolmaking comes in handy at times, ive made a few nifes out of real good stuff. D2, harden H13, 420 stainless.
    wire the form out and bingo

SWAT Strachan is offline I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me...
    Originally posted by Whippet.22
    The bottom katana looks like the 'blade' one, the knive in the bottom left hand corner and the one above the throwing hatchet are ugly and pointless, now i know you only collect these knives and i very much doubt any of them are used as such, but those are just a waste of money and space in my opinion. I like the rest of the collection though, especialy the throwers below the hatchet, are they gil hibben?
    The bottom katana is indeed the Blade sword, although not the official reproduction one (but for £25 I wan't going to complain ). The two 'waste of space' blades as you put it are both United Cutlery knives (Fang of Baelin bottom left and Cretaceous Bowie above the throwing axe), they are nothing more than show pieces, and beauty I guess is in the eye of the beholder as I like them .

As for the throwers, yes, they are Gil Hibben, along with the Pro Thrower II knife (next to the kukhuri), the Pro Thrower Axe, two Negotiator 2 sheath knives (bottom right, one got sent in error but for the price I paid I kept it, the seller was happy for me to keep it as well rather than start shipping stuff back and forth to the States), the Hibben Claw (below and left of the axe, although I still want the mk II Claw) and a Pro Folder II knife in the bottom right.

The Pro Folder, it must be said, is a fantastic knife, with a razor edge. The blade is easy to flick out and the lock is very secure. Damn tough anodized aluminium frame as well, not a single scratch on it so far. Gil Hibben stuff is pretty good and I'm doing the best I can to amass a collection of them, although the larger show pieces (Scorpion, Dragon Lord, Jackal etc) are still way too expensive.
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

Got a cheap (£10) Webley knife- stainless steel, does all I need.

BoNeS Guest
    i use 2 stanley blades with about 5mm of tape beetween them ideal

for bunnys i use a crkt m16 00 titanium

Sid Guest
    Franklin Mint " King of Rock and Roll " folder. Beautifully engraved with scenes from Elvis's life, accented by real 6 carat faux gold plating and genuine rhinestones. Plays ' Love Me Tender ' when opened. Only 5 monthly installments of £19.99

I got it from the same place where ol' SWAT get's his knives by the looks of it

Mark A Guest
    Nice collection there SWAT. The pantera is the knife i posted a pic of a while ago, they keep poping up for auction on . There was a few on last week going for £25 + £5 p&p, i was going to email you but didnt think youd still be interested. If i see any more i'll give you a bell.

Mark

Thunderbolt A10 Guest
    Hi,

As said before, nice collection - SWAT. But don´t you own some real value knives. I mean knives with good blades and not just "that not so good" 420 stainless steel blades.

I got 3 knives worth mentioning. First a SOG Tomcat folder with a 440c steel blade (before they downrated it to 440A). Second, I got a Master Of Defense CQD Mark 1 folder with a 154cm steel blade. And last, we go real into handmade knives now - a Randall Attack/Survival Model-18 knife with 7.5" handsmith 440B steel blade.

Can anyone beat THAT ?

Rgds,
    Thunderbolt A-10