Thread: Falke 80/90 spring and seal replacement

Falke 80/90 spring and seal replacement

Has anyone tried putting a Diana 50 seal and/or spring in a Falke 80/90 please?

(I realise the answer may be somewhere on my Falke forum but I can't remember where if it is )
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Don't have the privilege of owning a Falke but I do believe a Diana 50 or Airsporter spring MS012 from Chambers will fit. A Titan XS no 1 will fit but whether you would want one in there i don't know..
    Regarding piston seals, Airgun Academy did a piece on this involving an adapted Diana unit.

It’s not my Falke: Part 3 | Air gun blog - Pyramyd Air Report
    http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2011/...-falke-part-3/
    Last edited by Drew451; 16-12-2016 at 06:04 PM.

aimless Guest

Thanks Garvin -

I did not try my request here at BBS (I asked Garvin to help me at the Falke Forum) because the Falke 80/90 is quite rare.

My measurements: spring length: 205 mm, diameter 21 mm , wire thickness 3 mm , cylinder diameter is 28 mm

Any help appreciated, Jochen

Hi Danny,
    I have indeed installed an Original Model 50 piston seal into a Falke 80 it is a perfect fit.In fact, from memory it is virtually identical to the original Falke one it replaced.

I used a cut down Titan spring the number of which I forget,It's still a bit fierce and is a work in progress.

Be aware,at the head of the piston you may encounter a transverse pin that holds the piston seal screw and piston rod in place, from memory this sits in a blind hole and has to be drilled out and then replaced to at least re secure the piston rod.

Regards,
    Mark.
    Last edited by mrto; 17-12-2016 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Hi Danny,
    I have indeed installed an Original Model 50 piston seal into a Falke 80 it is a perfect fit.In fact, from memory it is virtually identical to the original Falke one it replaced.

I used a cut down Titan spring the number of which I forget,It's still a bit fierce and is a work in progress.

Be aware,at the head of the piston you may encounter a transverse pin that holds the piston seal screw and piston rod in place, from memory this sits in a blind hole and has to be drilled out and then replaced to at least re secure the piston rod.

Regards,
    Mark.
    Thanks for that information, Mark. Very useful.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

aimless Guest
    Thanks, Mark. Will get that spare-parts and report ;-) Jochen

Model 80 Spring and Seal

Interesting information about the Model 80. I am looking for the same parts to restore my Model 80 to it's original power. It is a great air rifle and I enjoy using it on a regular basis. It was bought new in South Africa when my family lived there in the 1950's. I would be interested in any information you can provide on the source of the parts mentioned and the techniques used to install them.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.