Thread: Euroarms new model army

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've noticed the same thing between ball and conical i.e the conicals group higher. Is this down to the heavier weight of the conical, increasing recoil or being in the barrel a fraction of a second longer as the gun recoils in an upwards direction??

Quote Originally Posted by Scimmy View Post
    ...the heavier weight of the conical...increasing recoil...being in the barrel a fraction of a second longer as the gun recoils in an upwards direction??
    You have it exactly right.

tac

Cheers tac, I'll take it to the range as they say and will report back

Absolutely agree with TAC - everyone (me included) plays up n down with loads/ball/powder etc. which is all part of the fun & frolics !! - but forgets that consistency in hold, stance, follow through is all critical in pistol shooting & even more so with a slower BP weapon.

The classic I see almost every time I shoot - is shooters cocking the gun with their 'gun hand' which changes both their grip & hand muscles in between every shot.

I was lucky enough to shoot pistols of all calibres & types prior to '97 (and TAC still does lucky beggar !) - and the grounding/training I had all those years ago has stayed with me .... just wish I was a better shot !

Its all fun though !!

All the best

Roy

Last edited by harricook; 14-05-2009 at 10:54 AM.

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    As to lead hardness, someone told me a "rule of thumb". Get your ball/bullet, and if you can scratch it with a fingernail & it only just leaves a fine mark, then its a good hardness. No mark = too hard, deep mark = too soft. Anyone else try this ?

Quote Originally Posted by davederrick View Post
    As to lead hardness, someone told me a "rule of thumb". Get your ball/bullet, and if you can scratch it with a fingernail & it only just leaves a fine mark, then its a good hardness. No mark = too hard, deep mark = too soft. Anyone else try this ?
    Hi Dave

for me there is no such thing as 'too soft' when it comes to lead for black powder...

I'm sure others will agree

I was given some Haendler & Naterman H&N Minies (.583" cal) that I was hoping to put thru my Enfield Rifle. I spoke with TAC who sadly told me that was not going to be the case - as they were for something else. They had to be the softest of soft lead - your fingers almost left a print in them !!!!

If anyone has any 'too soft' lead - I'd be more than happy to dispose of it for them

All the best

Roy

Last edited by harricook; 15-05-2009 at 05:06 PM.