Thread: Euroarms new model army

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tac,

I don't get that impression from him at all. Perhaps you're just a little over sensitive at his "tongue-in-cheek" reply.

It all works differently for different people. For me, 777, wonder wad and ball. Simple as that.

Blackpowder too problematic with availability and storage, Pyrodex I've found more corrosive and dirty than black and more difficult to clean. The depth of ball in the chamber makes no difference and grease on the front of the chamber is an inconvenient mess.....

All gained from experience of what suits me best. No right or wrong way....... unless you're talking about smokeless powder in an unmodified cylinder!

Thank you both, Simon and tac.

Not wrong tac, only differant

Only a bit of fun, works for me what I do.
    tac I bow to your wealth of experiance gained over more years than I've been on the planet, however stop being an abrasive old 'fart' ( in the nicest possible way) and please offer your advice in a mentoring capacity as befits a chap of your 'sage' status.

Best regards John

greenshoots Guest
    Also, please try something for me. Hold the pistol in the shooting hand, and cock the hammer with the thumb of the other hand, rather than with the thumb of the hand holding the pistol. You'll be truly amazed at the difference it makes to your accuracy - you are not changing the grip every time you fire.
    interesting cock my pistol on the up stroke just before i aim so on point of aim no change of grip one fluid movement or am i missing somthing here excuse the pun....

viv

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Sounds like you're increasing the risk of an accidental discharge.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

greenshoots Guest
    always finger off the trigger till i ready to fire jim... and god forbid iff i ever had a accidental discharge it would go downrange

viv

Let's just clear the air here, boys, so's you don't get me all wronged up.

1. Emoticons don't work on my PC - it's Japanese and the OS is totally different - all you'd see is a little square box.

2. This means that you can't see me laffing/snegroing/cackling/tongue-in-cheeking.

3. Bleeve me, I'm not being serious, in fact you can load your gun with pie crust and peas for all I care - it's just that adding another 'layer' to the load seems pretty pointless to me, but please, go ahead and do what YOU want. After all, the hundred million BP shooters before you just have to be wrong in the light of this new-found wisdom, right?

4......and to the guy who is a ND waiting to happen, go for it, pal, I just hope I'm nowhere near when you put one in the bench in front of you. Your 'one fluid motion' method could pretty quickly turn your shooting style from gunslinger into that of a man with less toes than he started out with, if you are not careful. Still, the chances are that it would only be your toes, eh?

Take care, and shoot safe, no matter how you do it.

tac

greenshoots Guest
    4......and to the guy who is a ND waiting to happen, go for it, pal, I just hope I'm nowhere near when you put one in the bench in front of you. Your 'one fluid motion' method could pretty quickly turn your shooting style from gunslinger into that of a man with less toes than he started out with, if you are not careful. Still, the chances are that it would only be your toes, eh?
    thank you tac i will take your comments onboard in the spirit they were meant....
    viv

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by greenshoots View Post
    always finger off the trigger till i ready to fire jim... and god forbid iff i ever had a accidental discharge it would go downrange

viv
    That makes me feel a lot better.

Cheers,

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone