Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
Hi Bilco,
Good choice, I've got a pair of 60's in .17 hmr & .22 wmr, if yours is a brand spanker you'll need to pull it through to remove the inhibiting coating & even then the first few shots will probably be all over the place.
If it's the 14" barrel the Hogun mod works a bit better than a SAK & balances very nicely.

I found my hmr to be quite ammo fussy, it does not like Hornady V-max 17gn at all, but it does quite like Winchester & Remington V-max, However it is pinpoint accurate with Hornady 20gn xtp.

Mine also hates being cleaned, it throws the accuracy right off, I don't even pull through the barrel very often because even that takes 5-10 rounds to come back.

If you fit a bipod I recomend fitting some rubber sheet to pad the stock, all my bipods can fall off without it because of the forestock shape.
Hi AngryBear,
Thanks for the tip on Ammo ill see what it likes soon,its a 22" barrel( thats measured from muzzle to front of receiver) screw cut end. I bought it second hand for £120 the only info i was told by the RFD in ashbourne was that it was a part exchange.
Already fitted bipod with pad and hawke nigheye SR12 scope that were on my 10/22 sporter .

As for not cleaning it ive heard people say the same about .22LR, But it goes against the grain for me to not clean them as I was brought up with black powder rifles as well as firearms (cleanliness is next to godliness etc. ).

Also not used copper jacketed rounds that much so I worry about fouling/corrosion if a did not clean it.

Cheers

Bill