Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weihrauch HW60J

hi i have a 60j in .22 hornet, find it a great accurate gun and it definately shoots better then i can and can i just say what a sweet trigger, i'm hoping to change the scope on it soon, i want a 30mm tube scope for lamping and i'm just wondering can ye guys recommend a good base that will fit the weihrauch reciever, i'm hoping i could get a picatinny rail or a weaver base for it so i could have a better selection of quality mounts, or what mounts will fit it, i haven't a clue what brand mounts are on it as they came with it when i bought it 2nd hand all i know is its a one piece 1" mount, any advice ye can give me will be appreciated
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeeH View Post
    Had a free slot on my ticket so bought myself a second hand Weihrauch HW60J in .22lr this morning (didn't fancy the Browning T-Bolt on offer) and have just spent an afternoon at the range. Put on a Hawke 3-9x50 I had in the drawer, zeroed in at 80yards with the bipod pinched from my .17hmr for the time being. Lovely gun, lovely trigger, very accurate with Eley subs and comfortable to shoot. Finish on the stock is a bit crap though - strip and tru-oil I think. It's the first one I've seen second-hand in a good while .. I think I know why - this rifle is a definite keeper. Bit heavy but that's no big thing.

Ended up putting over 150 rounds through it, one of which went through the world's stupidest jackdaw - he landed next to the target board on the backstop after I'd just spent 40 minutes trying (mostly successfully) to knock the inner rings out of the target.

Thought about getting a decent mil-dot scope to help guage the rise/drop, but I think I'll keep the Hawke on there. Cheap scope, but works well enough. Don't have a slot for a mod at the moment but might persue this, get a variation and use as a 2nd/alternative gun (to my .17hmr) for bunnies. I actually bought it primarily for target shooting.

Does anyone out there have a schematic or manual for the HW60J? I did the usual Google searches and had a good scour of the Weihrauch website to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Great guns, I have a Manual I can send you PM me your address.

Regards

Boycie

BOYCIE ... apologies for not getting back to you, I was on my hols! I emailed Weihrauch a few weeks back and they sent me a new manual. Excellent customer service!

Appreciate the offer but all sorted now. Many thanks, Lee
    My wife complains that I've got more sense than money.

hiya mate what do you think best ammo is for hw60j cheers steve

[QUOTE=LeeH;3525561]Had a free slot on my ticket so bought myself a second hand Weihrauch HW60J in .22lr this morning (didn't fancy the Browning T-Bolt on offer) and have just spent an afternoon at the range. Put on a Hawke 3-9x50 I had in the drawer, zeroed in at 80yards with the bipod pinched from my .17hmr for the time being. Lovely gun, lovely trigger, very accurate with Eley subs and comfortable to shoot. Finish on the stock is a bit crap though - strip and tru-oil I think. It's the first one I've seen second-hand in a good while .. I think I know why - this rifle is a definite keeper. Bit heavy but that's no big thing.

Ended up putting over 150 rounds through it, one of which went through the world's stupidest jackdaw - he landed next to the target board on the backstop after I'd just spent 40 minutes trying (mostly successfully) to knock the inner rings out of the target.

Thought about getting a decent mil-dot scope to help guage the rise/drop, but I think I'll keep the Hawke on there. Cheap scope, but works well enough. Don't have a slot for a mod at the moment but might persue this, get a variation and use as a 2nd/alternative gun (to my .17hmr) for bunnies. I actually bought it primarily for target shooting.

Does anyone out there have a schematic or manual for the HW60J? I did the usual Google searches and had a good scour of the Weihrauch website to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated. hiya mate got a hw60j on sat great rifle love it what do you think best ammo is ?tried some but not great someone said t22 are good
    cheers steve

hi all new to here just got hw60j in 22lr whats best ammo and how many rounds does it need to bed it in ?
    cheers steve

Is it a new one? If so I would be inclined to give it a thorough (careful) cleaning - mine was covered with a thin coating of brown-coloured preservative (in the bore too).

I find that Eley Sports (green box) and Winchester Subs (hollow point if you can use them) perform identically in mine out to 100 yards. Single hole off a bipod or rest at 50 yards. Whether these are the "best" or not I couldn't say, but I have found these rounds to be more consistent than Eley Club or any of the CCI stuff. Does fitting a moderator make a difference? I use either a SAK or UK Neil (BOSS) moderator.

Mine has had more than 500 through it and I have noticed no change in performance between the first and last shots.

Hope this helps.

HW60j Manual /Diagram

Hi All,
    Ive just bought a HW60j in .17HMR, not fired it yet ( christmas pressie) tried e-mailing Wierauch they replied they were very busy and would eventually get back to me.
    Has any one a manual,parts list or diagram ( exploded or not) i could have a copy of as i want to find out if the trigger can be adjusted and how to do it.

Information wanted for hw60j .17hmr

Quote Originally Posted by BOYCIE View Post
    Great guns, I have a Manual I can send you PM me your address.

Regards

Boycie
    Hi Boycie, this is my first post on the forum could i have a copy of the manual you have as i cant find anything on the net. I contacted Wierauch but they havent replied. I Picked up a second hand HW60j from local gun dealer but don`t know how old it is the serial number is 38***.
    does any one have a exploded view/parts diagram i could have a copy of.

cheers

Bill.

PS not shot it yet spur of the moment xmas pressie.

Quote Originally Posted by bilco40k View Post
    Hi Boycie, this is my first post on the forum could i have a copy of the manual you have as i cant find anything on the net. I contacted Wierauch but they havent replied. I Picked up a second hand HW60j from local gun dealer but don`t know how old it is the serial number is 38***.
    does any one have a exploded view/parts diagram i could have a copy of.

cheers

Bill.

PS not shot it yet spur of the moment xmas pressie.
    Just sent a PDF scan from my copy to your Email if you want owt else give me a shout.....
    Fire control,I-Band 4' parabolic dish with tri-port feed------

Hi All,
    Ive just bought a HW60j in .17HMR, not fired it yet ( christmas pressie) tried e-mailing Wierauch they replied they were very busy and would eventually get back to me.
    Has any one a manual,parts list or diagram ( exploded or not) i could have a copy of as i want to find out if the trigger can be adjusted and how to do it.
    Hi Bilco,
    Good choice, I've got a pair of 60's in .17 hmr & .22 wmr, if yours is a brand spanker you'll need to pull it through to remove the inhibiting coating & even then the first few shots will probably be all over the place.
    If it's the 14" barrel the Hogun mod works a bit better than a SAK & balances very nicely.

I found my hmr to be quite ammo fussy, it does not like Hornady V-max 17gn at all, but it does quite like Winchester & Remington V-max, However it is pinpoint accurate with Hornady 20gn xtp.

Mine also hates being cleaned, it throws the accuracy right off, I don't even pull through the barrel very often because even that takes 5-10 rounds to come back.

If you fit a bipod I recomend fitting some rubber sheet to pad the stock, all my bipods can fall off without it because of the forestock shape.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by missfire View Post
    Just sent a PDF scan from my copy to your Email if you want owt else give me a shout.....
    Thank you Don.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Hi Bilco,
    Good choice, I've got a pair of 60's in .17 hmr & .22 wmr, if yours is a brand spanker you'll need to pull it through to remove the inhibiting coating & even then the first few shots will probably be all over the place.
    If it's the 14" barrel the Hogun mod works a bit better than a SAK & balances very nicely.

I found my hmr to be quite ammo fussy, it does not like Hornady V-max 17gn at all, but it does quite like Winchester & Remington V-max, However it is pinpoint accurate with Hornady 20gn xtp.

Mine also hates being cleaned, it throws the accuracy right off, I don't even pull through the barrel very often because even that takes 5-10 rounds to come back.

If you fit a bipod I recomend fitting some rubber sheet to pad the stock, all my bipods can fall off without it because of the forestock shape.
    Hi AngryBear,
    Thanks for the tip on Ammo ill see what it likes soon,its a 22" barrel( thats measured from muzzle to front of receiver) screw cut end. I bought it second hand for £120 the only info i was told by the RFD in ashbourne was that it was a part exchange.
    Already fitted bipod with pad and hawke nigheye SR12 scope that were on my 10/22 sporter .

As for not cleaning it ive heard people say the same about .22LR, But it goes against the grain for me to not clean them as I was brought up with black powder rifles as well as firearms (cleanliness is next to godliness etc. ).

Also not used copper jacketed rounds that much so I worry about fouling/corrosion if a did not clean it.

Cheers

Bill

Hi AngryBear,
    Thanks for the tip on Ammo ill see what it likes soon,its a 22" barrel( thats measured from muzzle to front of receiver) screw cut end. I bought it second hand for £120 the only info i was told by the RFD in ashbourne was that it was a part exchange.
    Already fitted bipod with pad and hawke nigheye SR12 scope that were on my 10/22 sporter .

As for not cleaning it ive heard people say the same about .22LR, But it goes against the grain for me to not clean them as I was brought up with black powder rifles as well as firearms (cleanliness is next to godliness etc. ).

Also not used copper jacketed rounds that much so I worry about fouling/corrosion if a did not clean it.

Cheers

Bill
    If you go to the firearms section & search for threads on cleaning or accuracy of hmr's you will see loads of people say they are only accurate if left dirty, I'm ex forces - if you shoot it you clean it!! I wasted 300 inaccurate rounds before learning to leave it dirty.

My wmr had a 22" barrel, stick a mod on & thats another 5" minimum which is a bit ungainly so I've had that cut back to 17" & use a wildcat reflex mod which has made it a much nicer rifle.

I'm very pleased indeed with my HW60J .22LR . I have a SAK mod on mine and it is very quiet, spot on and has a lovely trigger. Unless you are going to spend much more money on an Anschutz, I reckon the 60J is the best 'quality for value' .22 LR rifle on the market. I was in the market for a good .22LR a few years ago and this 60J came up and I've never regretted buying it. The trigger is really nice and that for my money makes it a better bet than the Sako Finnfire which is nevertheless a lovely gun and certainly much nicer than the Quad which replaced it.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.