Thread: Which pistol for girls hands?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Which pistol for girls hands?

Hi, some advice please. My wife showed an interest in target shooting and has a BSA ultra which she loves playing with in the paddock. She mentioned making a 10m range in one of the polytunnels and how she would like to try pistol shooting.

Long and short, I bought a 2nd hand Gamo Compact for her. It's great, really good for the money and all the rest. Problem is it's just too big in the grip and not adjustable enough for trigger reach etc.

Can anyone suggest a suitable pistol for girly hands?

Thanks

Nick
    God rest ye jelly mental men

For a fun pistol try a Beretta PX4 CO2 blowback by Umarex.

For something more serious you could try a Rohm. I bought one for my girlfriend & it's excellent, except that the medium sized grip that it came with is a little too big. I've ordered a small grip, but Brocock sent the wrong one and i've been waiting ages for the right one to turn up.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

The FAS604 has a shorter trigger reach than the Gamo, and a better trigger. Other than that, if you are looking for a target pistol rather than something to plink with then it's a case of trying to find a Aeron Spyder Junior, a Steyr LP2 Compact or a Walther LP300XT.

The FAS can be found for £120-175 secondhand, but the others are considerably more expensive either secondhand or new.

Rutty

The FAS Model 604 comes/came with a Morini grip as standard that was available in three sizes.

This pistol is probably the most popular among pony club users, many of whom are young ladies with small hands.

It has been noted that they are often seen available for around £150, but if you have the wrong-size grip remember that a new one needs a budget of at least £100 or more.

It is also a single-stroke pneumatic, like the Gamo compact that copies it, and needs a pretty strong youngster to complete the cocking stroke - but your wife should be able to manage it just fine if she already copes with the Gamo.

I have had mine since new, and shoot it both right and left handed with different grips, depending on the phases of the moon...

It really is the most REAL-looking of all the air target pistols, and was used extensively by target pistol shooters to practice with a gun that was exactly like the regular range of handguns made originally by IGI. They all looked the same, felt the same and had the same sights.

tac

Question Pony Club???

Hey guys - can you enlighten me as to why Pony clubs have pistols?? is this some sort of Biathalon event??
    Would like to know
    Thanx
    Paul

They shoot as part of the Pony Club Tetrathlon event. Some our best young pistol shooters have come into the sport through this route, including the girl who won the Junior Women's Pistol in Hannover last week. Note as well that it was cartridge pistol, she won and came second in the Air pistol as well.

Rutty

...also Pony Club tend to migrate to Modern Pentathlon, which also use 10M target pistols, usually Walther, Steyr or suchlike. A very good introduction to safe shooting for youngsters!

interesting reading...

this is one of the reasons that I joined this forum, information for my girls competing in the pony club tetrathlon, so i'll be looking at the guns and grips recommended. thanks, I had thought a rohm allrounder co2 for the first gun how does this compare with the listed pistols. thanks