Thread: Quick Check - HFT format

Quick Check - HFT format

Hi Gents,

Can someone just confirm please. Does the current HFT course format require/recommend:

1) 15-19mm reducers set Min 13yrds to Max 25yrds

2) 20-45mm targets set Min 8yrds to Max 45yrds

3) 3 prone shots at any target size i.e. 15-45mm

4) 3 standing, 3 kneeling, 3 prone

5) Remaining 21 targets must be shootable kneeling or prone but not necessarily standing.

I'm happy enough with the other rules especially the mix of supported/unsupported shots. I just wanted clarification of the above.

thanks chaps
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Cheers Rog. Saw that.

The problem was I couldn't download and read the pdf. format. Hence the reason for my question.

Anyways up, sorted now.

much obliged.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

TARGETS (and Permitted Distances)
    • 15mm to 19mm Hit zone Targets from 13yds up to a maximum of 25 yd's.
    • 20mm to 24mm Hit zone Targets from 8yds up to a maximum of 30 yd's.
    • 25mm to 34mm Hit zone Targets from 8yds up to a maximum of 35 yd's.
    • 35mm to 45mm Hit zone Targets from 8yds up to a maximum of 45 yd's. A maximum of 6 of these targets can have up to 50% of The Hit zone obscured with the exception of standing or kneeling shots where 100% must be visible.
    • There must be NO OBSTRUCTIONS in the shooters
    THE COURSE
    • 30 Target positions with 1 firing point for each will be set out of which
    o 3… Must be standing shots using 35mm to 45 mm hit zones only and un-obscured…use terrain to force these, Max 35yards, Minimum of 2.. Of these must allow the shooter support on a tree or other inanimate object. There must be a “Standing only” sign in place at the peg
    o 3… Must be kneeling shots using 35mm to 45 mm hit zones only and un-obscured …use terrain to force these. Max 35yards. Minimum of 2... of these must allow the shooter support on a tree or other inanimate object . There must be a “Kneel or Stand” sign in place at the peg
    o 3… Must be prone ONLY shots using any UKAHFT hit zone size …use terrain or placed objects to force these. There must be a “Prone only” sign in place at the peg
    The remaining 21 targets must be placed so each target is able to be shot from at least the prone & kneeling position. We suggest you use your local flora and other features to make the targets more interesting.
    • The course should be set out using a total of :
    o Min 2, max 4 ….15mm to 19mm kill zone targets (not to be used for Standing or kneeling Shots)
    o Min 4, max 6 ….20mm to 34mm kill zone targets (not to be used for Standing or kneeling Shots)
    o All remaining targets should be ...35mm to 45mm kill zones
    this should be right if its pasted correctly
    Last edited by jon f; 08-05-2009 at 09:09 PM.
    WALTHER DOMINATOR LG300.
    "The Oaks"