Thread: Diana 55

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Diana 55 update

Well its sort of finished now. Mate turn up and welded the bracket on the cylinder and put a bit of weld on front of cylinder just behind the tap on the right hand side. This was because tap was going a bit too far forward when you opened it fully. I filed the weld and the tap lines up fine now. Because the bracket was tacked on the gun first and then a couple of more put on after taking action out of stock, the screw holes line up fine as well. I had everything ready to go back together. The small piece of boxwood that I araldited onto the inside of the stock to strengthen where it had split seemed ok and araldite had set. It went back together really easily. As I was using an old mainspring,the sleeve pushed down easily and I even lined the trigger up with the pin pretty quick. I had to fit the action in the stock before I could put the cocking arm on because of the bracket but decided that it was no problem and the bracket was better than 2 separate lugs. I used the bolt that came with the gun for the cocking lever pivot but have a cheesehead bolt to cut down to fit. I put the front sight back on and used a spare body for the rearsight. The plate was a little bent but I left it at that as Im shooting at short distance. The cocking lever seems slightly to one side so either it or the barrel is slightly bent (barrel seemed ok when looking up inside of cylinder). The catch I made for the barrel came loose so I used some superglue as Ive no loctite. It seems a nice little gun to plink with. Ive streched the old plunger spring and refitted it as my left forefinger was killing with pressing the catch. I may try to make up an alloy rod to replace the plunger unless someone has a webley mk3 on to try? Its probably jumped from the £28 I paid for it to £30 now! Interesting to look at though. Its like a slightly slimmer webley mk3 now but about inch and half shorter.
    Last edited by ggggr; 17-05-2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: me being a div