Thread: MAD tonight

MAD tonight

well what can i say? ive just walked in from an excellent evenings shooting (well straight from the pub actually!) with jennie and the milky bar kid.
    we started shooting at about sixish on the woodland course which upon entering i suddenly realised that the canopy of leaves made it a lot darker than the exterior would lead you to believe but in high spirits and feeling on top form i thought "this baby is mine for the taking"! oh how wrong could i be? firstly i was completely hampered by my company!
    oh what a misery the milkman is and as for molly the club mascot its gonna take weeks for my wounds to heal!!
    as if that wasnt enough for some unknown reason wobbly and dave allam decided to shoot together and as theyre both a pair of branstons we got stuck in a massive traffic jam behind them. as the sun dropped out of the sky and the darkness fell aboput us (about 9.00pm) i thought "i know ill have a quick cheat while nobody is looking and stick my illuminated ret on".
    MISTAKE!! the cobwebs and fingerprints inside the scope glowed with a piercing red radiance which left my retina scarred for life! i gave up with my gun/scope combo and nabbed the milkmans setup which i must say was far better than mine (even though he had also cheated and stuck his i.r on too!) i managed to blag the last few targets with his gun and thought that id shot well with a solid 54. "its deffo in the bag" i exclaimed! no kin chance was the answer as darren limpet or somesuch had come in with a totally unimpressive 58.
    58 i tell you in near pitch black. impossible. anyway after being pipped at the post or peg one as it turned out we all decided to retire to the boozer (other than ian harford who is a complete whimp) and guzzle copious amounts of lager in great company and listen to complete llox from the milkman about people being sucked through jet engines and surviving etc etc.
    all in all a fantastic evening with great company and i cant wait to make my come back.
    thanks jennie and m.b.k for shooting round with me and well done to darren on a very very shady 58.
    cheers all.
    dop
    M.A.D FOR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy View Post
    we all decided to retire to the boozer (other than ian harford who is a complete whimp)
    Don't you mean "mysterious"

Thanks for a great shoot. I think it's a great idea to have a handicap system like yours. It gives everyone a chance of coming a much closer second behind Darren (well shot mate! ).

I'm not so sure about you and Laity getting to take as many shots as you feel like until the target finally gives up an falls over. How you managed to score as low as 54 using this system is beyond me

Thanks again, and see you all at Tawd!

Cheers

Ian

Well that was a nice morning read Dop, it did give me a chuckle while munching on my toast and tea.
    It has to be said what was really amazing was that you could see any targets at all with what i can only described as a self contained fog holder, and im sure thats not an illuminated ret but a heater to get rid of said fog.
    Nice to see Ian at the club again and shooting well too.
    I had a good laugh going round with Jean, even though the thong was putting me off my shots a bit
    Cheers Pop for the nice food as usual, and look forward to next weeks shenanigans.
    Darren
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

Lloyd_D Guest
    Cheers chaps and chapettes, great evenings session.

Look forward to the next...

Pop, do the handicaps go up as well as down ?

Darren do you need a 4x4 if your going to drive it on 2 wheels ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd_D View Post
    Cheers chaps and chapettes, great evenings session.

Look forward to the next...

Pop, do the handicaps go up as well as down ?

Darren do you need a 4x4 if your going to drive it on 2 wheels ?
    Oooops thought you hadnt seen that i thought it was another corner and not that tight, still saves on tyres
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

Darren Lindsey is now off scratch

no more 1 s for you this year the max you are getting from now on is 60
    the handicap sec
    [Ian Bainbridge]