Thread: Walther 4-12 x 50 mil dot (Illum) PX adj.

Walther 4-12 x 50 mil dot (Illum) PX adj.

On a bit of a budget so bought two of these for our 2 new S400's.
    All I can say is that this is the best scope bargain ever. Comes complete with nice quality mounts (a bit high) from JSR at just over £50. Crystal clarity and adjusting the PX doesn't seem to shift the point of impact at all ( as is usual in budget scopes) all adjusters smooth and nicely weighted and stay where they are put.
    To be honest I can't see what else you would need for general shooting and hunting.
    For HFT with it set to 9x and PX adjusted to 25 metres the image is clear enough for 40 metres though getting a bit fuzzy (though useable) at 8-15 metres.
    Obviously spending more would get you more but I can't help thinking you would have to spend over £150 to get a significant improvement in a scope with similar features, so it gets my bargain thumbs up.

Thanks looking at these at the moment!
    Weihrauch HW97K - MTC Viper 10x44: Weihrauch HW98 - MTC Viper 10x44 : Weihrauch HW100S - Nikko Platinum Nighteater 6-24x56

I have the same scope & have formed the same conclusions.
    I can't understand why it's not more popular & would be great entry-level optics for HFT.
    Had it for 6 months now & have no complaints.
    Good quality, sensible price & just does what it should.
    I also have the Walther 3x9x40 AO/IR duplex ret' which works just fine but over which I have a couple of minor grumbles (& I do mean minor)
    1) coin slot adjusters on the turrets rather than finger adjustable
    2) eyebell doesn't seem to have a focus adjustment (yet strangely seems to be & stay in focus even with my dodgy eyes & wearing spectacles)
    Still...as I picked up the baby one for £35 quid I'm not complaining too loudly.
    I digress... 4x12x50CI doesn't have theses "grumbles" & is just a good piece of kit, budget price

I also have the same scope

Mounts look good until you turn one opposite way round and they dont line up,
    So with mounts fitted the same way ie tightening bolt same side it will chant the scope over

Also Px was bad 35yds coming out at 80yds on dial

But when re set Px and some Bsa Scopemaster Mounts very nice scope for the price
    All The Best

Steve

I confess i put some Accushot double screw mounts on mine instead of the supplied mounts. Just me being picky.
    Almost 12 months of use & all is well except the availability of these scopes seems to have reduced & the price shot up to £90 (Uttings)
    Glad I picked mine up for £50 quid when I did. LOL
    Knowing what I know now, I'd have bought 3