Thread: carboot treasures- show us yours....

Smile carboot treasures- show us yours....

following on from edbears fantastic diana mod50 gem of a find, what treasures have the good folk on here unearthed??

i've had a few decent finds...

airsporter with ox neutraliser

webley hawk mk1

king ratcatcher

ASI statical

webley junior

webley junior mk2

early webley mk3 with two stage trigger

apart from the guns i've bought pellets, scopes, slips, silencers, in fact i've managed all sorts of stuff (including a few bowie knives!)

relum 'jelly'

a couple of percussion muff pistols

come on then,. show us yours

john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Not a Car Boot find, but a fairly recent find nevertheless is this early Webley Mk1 pistol.

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/h...t/P1030813.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/h...t/P1030816.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/h...t/P1030824.jpg

The gun has been refinished, but done very well, so I am pleased to add it to the collection.

All the best

Lakey

Cool

crumbs lakey

that shure is one purdy pistola

john

I have spent hours and hours trawling car boot sales looking for pistols in particular, not ruling out rifles.

Nothing, not one airgun of any description.

The rubbish people sell always amazes me.
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    I have spent hours and hours trawling car boot sales looking for pistols in particular, not ruling out rifles.

Nothing, not one airgun of any description.

"Chip, awld butty, thee needz to moot up yin glaster - good awld uns yere, -
    Zo thee cost zee az it awl da goo back a 'ell o' a long woy "

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    Its the rubbish people buy that amazes me
    JD 10/05/09
    DD 21/07/22

Smile

i went this morning and it was total garbage, plenty of sellers but absolute rammel

i did buy a pair of blacksmiths tongues for hammering out blades though and very cheap too, £1.00

john

edbear2 Guest
    Just back........saw 2 meteors, a couple of chinese underlevers a sightless and rusty cadet major, and a black thing with a bipod on top of a van which looked chinese.........and then a case in the back of a van...."is there an air rifle in there" I asked..."yep, - its ours!...we got here early and my lad had a quick run round.....He's into his guns".......opens case to reveal a tx200, with nice scope and sling, well used (a hunters gun), but still nice...."he paid £40 for it, and is very happy"

This was at worcester......also today are sales (some 200-300 pitch) at cheltenham, ross, studley,ledbury,...all within 35mins of my place....So I am quite lucky!....

I do ask if the people have airguns if other stuff on display looks "right"....a lot of people keep guns under or in their cars as they may have had "comments" from "experts" about the legality of selling.....I saw a scope and cartridge belt on a bench at Malvern a while back....asked the old boy, and he took me around the back of his van where I bought a cadet major and mk 3 webley which he had hidden!.....The real hardcore mob are there before the sellers and go along the queue asking....or practically unload the peoples cars for them.....I cant be doing with all this, but they are the ones that do really well.

Anyway, back to thread subject..dont want to start dragging out guns to photo right now, but ones I can think of that I have got from boots are;

Airsporter mk1, bsa H the lincoln, haenels 302 and 303, bsa "L" model X 2, bsa standard, bsa imp mod D 39"...X 2, webley mk 3, webley junior rifle, bsa cadet major, meteor mk 1, A mint stirling HR 81...some I still have, others I sold at groby last year after rebuilding and checking them........wish I had kept the webley junior as it had the nicest stock and a period leather gunslip to fit.......but at least someone else is hopefully enjoying it and caring for it.

boot sale finds

You lot are lucky to find anything,where I live (Surrey) there is a total ban on selling guns,even toy ones!

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Peter....its a different ball game out in the sticks mate!......Think the film "hot fuzz" if you have seen it, and you will get the idea of what some of the old boys are like that I meet in some of the more rural sales.......the rants and comments about gun laws, burglers etc. etc. that you see in the "non gun related" section of the BBS are tame compared to when these old boys get started.......I have heard some brilliant exchanges between some of them, and people who have innocently asked "is it legal to sell these things"....all totally unprintable of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM45T...eature=related
    Last edited by edbear2; 10-05-2009 at 09:53 AM.

Cavalier Guest
    You can get some real bargains at boot fairs and the one i get dragged to is no exception on the whole. However going back a few years ago there was a B2 in reasonable to good condition for sale on one of the stalls up for £30 but the trouble was at the time brand new they were £23 Before we left about an hour later i went back to see if he had sold it, £28 he said he got for it!!!! Just goes to show there are people on both sides who don't no their items true value!!

Cav

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    The main bootie around here is held at Exeter - tragically, the place is infested with pinko Guardian readers who go around with fluoro jackets on telling people that they can't sell guns or 'knives'. The feckwits don't blink an eye at carving knives being sold though...
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Down near my folks in Chichester - the big boot fair has a sign as you walk up - No Guns No Swords No knives

Pretty my loses my interest at that point .......

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    The main bootie around here is held at Exeter - tragically, the place is infested with pinko Guardian readers who go around with fluoro jackets on telling people that they can't sell guns or 'knives'. The feckwits don't blink an eye at carving knives being sold though...
    Its the same at the one I go to every week. Thing is, its a recent thing because they never used to bother. When I asked about it they told me it was trading standards orders apparently. Heres me thinking it was perfectly legal to sell privately. Good job I go early and get round before the do-gooders.
    hoplophobe

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    Yep .....I have heard of some a bit further than I go to where this happens......so you cant buy a gat or dolla pistol there, but meat cleavers, chainsaws, and a hundred other more "offensive weapons" are O.K.

The best one I have heard of is one where there is a sign saying "no guns or knives".But the guys on the gate taking the entry cash have tee shirts with "militaria and weapons wanted" printed on..........I thought on hearing this "what a bunch of ########", and then " hmm, thats a good idea!"