Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA Supersport.

Question BSA Supersport.

Picked up a bargain i think. BSA Supersport in .25 with 15 1/2" barrel with 6x40 scope, No rust or obvious wear. Spring is lovely and smooth with a smashing trigger. Wood is good with a nice grain to it and only a couple of dings which would probably polish out. Once the scope mounts where fitted correctly its hitting a 10p size target at about 15yds leaning against the door frame. Anyone had one and know how to tell the age of one of these or what sort of power they make.? It certainly flattens the pellets to about one mm thick when they have hit the garage wall. Payed £40 for it, does that sound about right? Tim

are you selling it? how much do you want for it

Smile

Sorry, not for sale just yet. Enjoying shooting it at the moment. Going to take it to the range on Sunday morning to set it up properly. Would still like to know a bit more about them if anyone knows anything about them as its the only one iv ever seen. Tim

£40 thats an absolute bargain mate, seen a tatty old superstar on guntrader for £200 blueing had gone the lot, with yours being a .25 as well makes it that bit more special. there is a collecter on this forum that is after bsa .25 cal, keep it mate.
    Bsa Superstar .22 & Crosman 2240 with hawke red dot and ukneil silencer.

its me whos after .25cal bsa,lol,have you got any........i passed on one last week that was 100notes with a small scope,thats about top wack for a diecent one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bren

whats the serial number tim

i dont know what ft/b a .25 will do but my .22 supersport does 10.5 to 11.3 ft/lb depending on the pellet ,just tested yesterday so i can just about remember lol
    .22 bsa superstar, gamo shadow igt.22,umarex850 tactical,aa410k, .aa410tdr.177 aa410 classic thumbhole.
    live long and prosper,think not long tails

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by twocore View Post
    are you selling it? how much do you want for it?
    Careful ... This isn't a sales thread, so trying to buy off the back of it could get a knuckle wrapping, so please rememer to buy and sell from sales threads only please (you know it makes sence ), and Tim, £40 ... Now that's a proper bargain mate, and maybe £100 under where it should be you lucky ba..... . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Careful ... This isn't a sales thread, so trying to buy off the back of it could get a knuckle wrapping, so please rememer to buy and sell from sales threads only please (you know it makes sence ), and Tim, £40 ... Now that's a proper bargain mate, and maybe £100 under where it should be you lucky ba..... . Atb: G.
    i wasnt trying to buy it Gareth,as ive posted,i have been offered 2 in the past couple of weeks and declined both, around 100 quid mark,and i was also offered a lightning xl which i also declined,all in .25 so you need not worry.I am after bigger fish at the moment,but you never know they may end up in the cabinet one day......cheers,,,,,,,,,,,,Bren

Many Thanks for the replys. Serial number is AAR02321. Dont know if theres a website where i can get imfo on my particular gun, iv had a brief search this morning but ran out of time.
    Glad to hear i got a bargain, I usually end up paying far too much and loose money when i sell. Going to get some different pellets today and see what works. Tim

Try Milbro Rhinos, they are all I could get to shoot well in a BSA .25 barrel from the selection available locally.

Rich
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

Thanks Rich. Got a tin of Rhino and a tin of Bissley pellets with the gun. Rhinos seem to work well but the Bissleys are too long and foul the rifling before they are in enough for the barrel to close. May work ok if pushed into the barrel with a thingy before firing. Tim

I...

...note it's the 'sport not the 'star which perhaps restrains some of the above enthusiasm

That said the 'sport is the pre-runner of all the Lightening varients etc and most parts are interchangeable

Not sure how rare a 0.25" is but the 'sports have a very soft spot in my heart

Took it down to the range this morning and managed a 2" group at 20yds freestanding. About the same as i get with the HW95, so not too bad for a first time.
    Some one was telling me that if you squirt a drop of deisel down into the cylinder before loading a pellet you get a huge boost in power but it obviosely knackers the seals ect. Just wondered if anyone had tried it, iv never heard of that one! Tim

Dont do it

Hi there,
    you should never put any type of lube into the transfer port,it will bugger the rifles seals and in the worst case could swell the cylinder!
    ATB
    Steve