Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duplicates - Why

Duplicates - Why

I have been having a good trawl through my collection acquired over a period of 30 years and am surprised at the number of duplicate models that I have acquired over the years. Maybe 'surprised' is not the right word, should be it be 'dismayed'! I suspect that I am not alone on here. I mean 5 pistols, all the same model, but with very minor differences. Anybody want to confess to having more than 5 of one model type.

i have two HW80s' but one's a leftie (comfy to shoot either way tho')

i have two Original mod 50s' (but one's in pieces)

i have two daystate huntsman mk1s'

i have two webley juniors (though one is a mk2)

john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

If one is good, two is better. (smile)

Oh yes! And as I collect Webley pistols I am always finding another variant! 9 MK 1s, 8 Juniors etc etc etc (and then there are the other makes - just goes on and on)
    No wonder I have so many of the little lovelies.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Duplicates

Diana 25,s etc--some already packed away for moving but I know Ive got a early post war german one (9/51 stamp),a few british ones, a milbro one and a gecado. Most are pretty rough, but all work fine. I think because they are a well made gun they suffer abuse in their lives. Ive found panel pins in the piston washer of one,bbs in the head of another,a dirty great bolt through the front stock screws on a third etc. I like to get them back to life. A few friends have asked me to get one for them and to renovate it---BUT unless they speak up before I start work on them, they have no chance as I tend to fall in love with them,

I think this is a really stupid habit & one of each duplicate should be sent to me immediately!!!
    If you're really lucky I'll pay for the postage!!

Dave

Webley Mk3's....

BSA Airsporters....

Hw 35's....

Flippin eck...someone please stop me..it's out of control....

are 2 norman may vixens# too many !

Nope...three are better....

9 x HW35s. (and still looking for more.)

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    9 x HW35s. (and still looking for more.)

ATB
    Ian
    Sorry, I'm a pistol collector but I've got a HW35E bought 30 years ago that I love and is virtually mint that is possibly my best loved . . . er . . . possibly, sort of.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

edbear2 Guest
    Not so much with guns, but the girlfriend asked a while ago why I had three pellet tins that were the same.....I explaned that if she looked carefully, the makers address was different, and one said "air rifle" and not "air rifles" which tied it to a certain (earlier) date, and one had a little sticker showing it had different calibre pellets to what the lid said because they had been short of the right tins at the time........Blimey, now I am typing it all out, and remembering the slightly quissical look she was giving me....... maybe its a slippery slope ...and I will have a house full of freekin wade whimsies in a few years time ...HELLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a minute there Ed I thought you were going to say you had a "collection" of Girlfriends..... all slightly different...one thats mint & unused,one thats tight at the breech & needs a probe to get all the way in (initials BSA),one with a "dark patina" that you seem to pick up & use the most,...& a dirty old one from the 60's that needs a good strip & seeing too.....

Disclaimer...this was meant as a joke for fellow airgun enthusiasts to share & in no way demeaning to any political party,ethnic group,minority groups,people of a certain sexual persuasions or specific sex...male,female...or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Not so much with guns, but the girlfriend asked a while ago why I had three pellet tins that were the same.....I explaned that if she looked carefully, the makers address was different, and one said "air rifle" and not "air rifles" which tied it to a certain (earlier) date, and one had a little sticker showing it had different calibre pellets to what the lid said because they had been short of the right tins at the time........Blimey,
    Have words with ACID HOUSE. (See HERE). He can correct the spelling and you can have whatever you want on the tin lids (for a small charge for charity). The rust comes free.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    I may have the odd duplicate here and there...
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com