Thread: course setting standards are on the up ??????

course setting standards are on the up ??????

Just like to say this year the standard of the courses that we have shot this year is in my opion much better than last year.
    We have shot 3 venues and each have been just great full of thought and shootable by all .Well done to all the setters and long may we see these standards kept up as I;m sure we all want to travel to venues and shoot a great course.
    Thank you one and all ,ours is next so we have alot to live upto .

WHAT DOES EVERY_ONE ELSE THINK ?
    [Ian Bainbridge]

Quote Originally Posted by popsheep View Post
    Just like to say this year the standard of the courses that we have shot this year is in my opion much better than last year.
    We have shot 3 venues and each have been just great full of thought and shootable by all .Well done to all the setters and long may we see these standards kept up as I;m sure we all want to travel to venues and shoot a great course.
    Thank you one and all ,ours is next so we have alot to live upto .

WHAT DOES EVERY_ONE ELSE THINK ?
    I_THINK you should be shooting a springer. Fact. End of. No arguments.

Also in AG this month, Gary the Chill said El Tel was "ever-smiling". Do you think he was taking the pi$$

well if you ever are down brighton way you should try and get up the oaks as we do some good shoots
    do not steal the government hate's competition!!!

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Quote Originally Posted by colin857 View Post
    well if you ever are down brighton way you should try and get up the oaks as we do some good shoots
    And while you're down visit Buxted, Swallows, Ford and Horsham as well (especially Buxted). Bit of a hot bed for good HFT.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    In all honesty Tawd has been the best course of the year, followed by Rivi. Lea Valley had some great target positions out but there was too much crap in the way from the peg to the target, another hour clearing that, would have put it right up there.

So far this year, Tawd in the UK's and Anston for the NEFTA hunter have been the best courses I've ever shot. The bar has been set high for this year for course setting and shooting!

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde
    I think every year most course's get better and better. Its a good thing and makes everyone up there game when course setting. Tawd , although i never do well there is right up there for me, i always really enjoy it and love the care and attention that goes into the set up. I reckon MAD will do a sterling job as there are a good few people that know how to put something proper out. Fingers crossed.

LAity
    Lots and lots of guns !

Quote Originally Posted by laity View Post
    I think every year most course's get better and better. Its a good thing and makes everyone up there game when course setting. Tawd , although i never do well there is right up there for me, i always really enjoy it and love the care and attention that goes into the set up. I reckon MAD will do a sterling job as there are a good few people that know how to put something proper out. Fingers crossed.

LAity
    There are a few, can they add your name to the list Rog?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    In all honesty Tawd has been the best course of the year, followed by Rivi. Lea Valley had some great target positions out but there was too much crap in the way from the peg to the target, another hour clearing that, would have put it right up there.

Ryan
    for me rivington has been the best overall. i could see how much work had gone into building the course and plinking range etc and it didnt look like it was down to a lot of people but just a select few which is all so often the case at a lot of clubs. they made excellent use of the given terrain and had clearly put a lot of thought in to the course. i think if they treat us to another round next year then they should have it mid summer to give the parking area its best chances though.
    tawd was its usual excellent self and didnt disappoint at all which made the whole double header a fine weekend. a few people in the afternoon moaned about the really fine drizzle that was floating about in the 1mph breeze but you cant please everybody now can you!! .
    lea valley was good but as ryan said there was a lot of debris in front of the targets and the course looked like it had been put out in a hurry but again that was probably down to lack of "staff". nonetheless though it was an enjoyable day out and i shall definitely return and attempt in vain to improve my terrible score!
    dop
    M.A.D FOR IT!

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhampton View Post
    There are a few, can they add your name to the list Rog?
    If i am about...i will be there!

LAity
    Lots and lots of guns !

Sorry you Sussex lads I was talking nationals

told you set courses in Sussex but you all must get out more and shoot the Nationals why not put a few TEAMS in next year if there is loads of clubs that shoot HFT in Sussex ,its the nuts to shoot against the best in the country every month not just at your clubs .
    Get yourselves booked into MAD for the next round of the UKAHFT on the first SUNDAY in June
    [Ian Bainbridge]

Singers ,,,,sorry springers

Roger as I have said before you can stick them springers up your ARRRSEEEEE
    [Ian Bainbridge]

Quote Originally Posted by popsheep View Post
    told you set courses in Sussex but you all must get out more and shoot the Nationals why not put a few TEAMS in next year if there is loads of clubs that shoot HFT in Sussex ,its the nuts to shoot against the best in the country every month not just at your clubs .
    Get yourselves booked into MAD for the next round of the UKAHFT on the first SUNDAY in June
    We already do!!
    The only thing...barring family commitment's...that stops me shooting the Nationals is the distance.
    It just works out too expensive.
    I only shoot the closer Southern Hunters for the same reason!
    Anyone that puts on these big events has my admiration, i have some idea what it involves and it is bleedin hard work!

I would love to shoot ALL the comps EVERYWHERE...trust me!
    I must admit shooting at Kelmarsh, whilst BRILLIANT, was a tad nerve wracking, so shooting more 'Opens' would definately do some good!
    Mind you i can't hit jack*####* at the mo!...

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Feral is offline One of my mil dots is missing
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    We already do!!
    The only thing...barring family commitment's...that stops me shooting the Nationals is the distance.
    It just works out too expensive.
    I only shoot the closer Southern Hunters for the same reason!
    Anyone that puts on these big events has my admiration, i have some idea what it involves and it is bleedin hard work!

XX
    Well said Aunty Spongey... time to stoke the flames of a Sussex vs Rest of the World gauntlet again?

Distance is definately a factor for me in the nationals. I shoot all the Southern Hunters but the nationals are too much of a trek, especially when there are 11 shoots for SiHFT to fit around club days and family commitments, then trying to fit in the DOC, Summer Sizzler, Bunny Bash and all those 1 offs... it's nice to be spoilt for choice.

SiHFT is going from strength to strength with more shooters every comp (80 or more now I think) and the standard getting even higher with our friends from Meon in the mix this year... it's even fun being humbled by the exceptional juniors that are coming along, the courses are getting more imaginative, the cammoraderie and banter is getting more entertaining and we have the best burgers in the known universe, what more could anyone ask!

...and all that within 1-1.5 hours drive
    Walther dominator Lightstream FFP, s200 with Viper 10x44 - Buxted HFT My A4 Targets - HFT Kill zone sizes