Thread: Hawke Frontier 4-16x42 Mildot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I bought the 4-16 SF, it was a tough call as the place I bought it from was selling the 6-24 for the same price at the time. As it was for use on a hunting rifle I thought the weight advantage of the smaller scope would suit me better, and I have to say I'm not dissapointed with it. The only previous reviews I'd seen were on an American website for military and police snipers, which didn't mention the parallax range. I've not adjusted the front lens, as I tend to use lower mag settings for rabbits, but the higher magnification settings will not focus at most airgun hunting ranges. It's not an elegant looking scope, and some say it takes it's styling from the Nightforce range, but it is good and comes with a long warranty.
    I used Burris Signature mounts with the offset plastic inserts on a weaver rail mounted on my CZ Varmint .22 lr to mount mine. I fitted the mounts with a pair of socket-head bolts from Eric Brooks, which made it easier to fit them, though getting the threads started was tricky, it's a fine thread. The biggest drawback to these mounts is they don't have seperate jaws, so have to be slid on without the bolts in place. But apart from the ability to use the offset inserts to change the attitude and alignment of the scope these inserts protect the scope tube from marking. Sorry if I drifted off the review subject there........

Great optics on the Frontier but small field of view and not holding zero like they advertized,good for PCP and guns with low recoil