Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW45 with silencer adapter.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Stot View Post
    At the same time, while it was stripped, I decided to sand the black down to aluminium to make it a little different to normal. Along the way I left some parts black and havent fully polished it to give it a lived in look as I like guns/knives that are tools and dont want to worry if there is a finger print on my shiny pride 'n' joy.

Pics

I like that!
    A lot!

How long did it take you to sand all the black off and what did you use?
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

It took a couple of hours with a scotch brite type paint n varnish remover on a pillar drill then another hour or so of finishing with sandpaper.

Add in the complete strip so that i didnt get dust in the action maybe 5-6 hours?

Cheers
    Stot

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    It does look nice (very like the factory 'Stainless' finshed ones), but will either need a very, very slim silencer or a new sighting system as it looks like the front sight will be obscured.

For regular use yes a new sighting system would be needed. I have 2 options really that im considering.

1, add a foresight blade to the silencer, threaded into the casing maybe.
    2, add a raiser to the current forsight using the 13mm rail.

And either
    a) keep track of how many turns out on the rear sight to raise it to the proper level to zero on the new foresight. ( easiest )
    b) make a new taller rear sight blade that has vertical aim points on it, top of which would be zeroed with the silencer. ( harder )

Realistically though, I will probably only be using the silencer at night at close range, so will use the laser

Cheers
    Stot

I looked into this a lot before I bought a HW45. There was hearsay and rumour about people having them and a couple of small grainy pics but I couldnt find anything concrete about it.
    http://sports.webshots.com/album/563...q?vhost=sports

It has a custom mini silencer as well as being able to take any 1/2 UNF silencer.

Quote Originally Posted by el maipino View Post
    It has a custom mini silencer as well as being able to take any 1/2 UNF silencer.
    Actually yes that is possibly the only one I found. How do you find the silencer?

Cheers
    Stot

I now Have a Webley BBMF and a Soundbiter on their way to me so ill let you know if there is any effect.

Cheers
    Stot

Got the silencers today and have tried them out.

The sound biter is smaller, lighter and simpler than the BBMF, but my gut says the BBMF should be better.

Fitted the two and ran some test shots.

The BBMF is clipping. bit annoying ill ask Neil if theres anything that can be done to line it up better but it clips at the top.

On the flip side the sound biter fits fine with no clipping.

Initial 'viewers in the room' test put the sound biter as a quieter sound, and from shooters point of view I would agree, although I feel the clipping will be adding to the sound of the BBMF some, causing it to appear louder.

However both of them definately take the harshness out of shot. Its more a solid thump now rather than the thump crack of an un-modded shot.

This is with .22 cal, with .177 I doubt there would be clipping, but im not really interested in .177, but if you want to send me some .177 pellets ill happily test them.

In balance I would say even if i did get the clipping issue sorted on the BBMF, either by re-machining the muzzle or reaming out the silencer bore, I would probably stick with the Soundbiter. Its smaller, lighter, cheaper and quieter.

Happy with the overall mod. Ill put a pic up tomorrow.

Cheers
    Stot.

Some pics with the soundbiter.

Pic1
    Pic2

Cheers
    Stot

looking good - shame they don't match now you've stripped the 45

Since I already have a soundbiter for the CP88 i'm thinking that your thread is convincing me to have it done.
    We may dance with the devil, but its always to his tune.

BSA Meteor.22
    BSA Lightning .177 SFS 2-StageTrigger and Tune
    Walther CP88 .177
    Weihrauch HW40PCA .177
    Bruni Action Takedown .177 Project
    Weihrauch HW45 .177 dual power