Thread: John Butler Wildfowler and all round good bloke - R.I.P.

John Butler Wildfowler and all round good bloke - R.I.P.

Hello All,

It is with heavy heart that I pass on this sad news. Mr John Butler a great bloke and a pillar of the wildfowling community sadly succumbed to cancer last night after a long hard fight. John will probably be known to or at least heard of by wildfowling members on the forum.

John was the voluntary warden on the river Humbers south bank and a dedicated wildfowler for many years. He could often be seen leading parties out onto the foreshore in an effort to educate the general public in the ways of shooting. His skill at calling the geese was legendary round the Humber area and I once remember two experienced wildfowlers stalking 200 yards along a reed bed in an attempt to get a shot at what they thought were pinkfoot geese on the water only to find that it was John calling from his positon in the reeds.

I'm sure all shooters will join me in offering their condolences to Johns family.

R.I.P John you'll be sadly missed mate

Regards
    Dave (www.kwacs.org.uk) "Wildfowlers do it in the mud"

Dave.
    Sorry to hear about john going.
    used to meet up with him and Barry Crossland 50 years ago on alkboro/witton etc long before clubs.
    Used to pass the pair of them round about Tealby, them on bikes, me motor bike/sidecar, 36.000 pinks on the Humber then.
    A loss to the shooting fraternity.Regards and condolences to his familly john
    snarepeg.