Thread: Advice needed - Webley Junior

Advice needed - Webley Junior

I have a Webley Junior in .177. It has some paint loss, rear sight missing and one of the grips is broke. Near the end of the barrel it has 74 stamped in. It has a smooth bore. Can anyone tell me anything about it and if possible a valuation.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ben

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...yjunior004.jpg
    http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...yjunior001.jpg

Accoirding to the bible (aka Gordon Bruce's book) its produced 1970-1973 (as it has a black paint finish rather than blueing.

As for value, sorry, but not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Accoirding to the bible (aka Gordon Bruce's book) its produced 1970-1973 (as it has a black paint finish rather than blueing.

What he said, but according to Hiller 1973.

Value wise in that condition £30 to £35 ?

Mike

Sorry I have to disagree with the age.
    The “painted Juniors 1970-1973” were a different basic shape to yours. What you have is a Mk1 series 2 Junior made between 1945 and 1953 from basic shape and lack of adjustable rear sight (if there is a screw hole for a rear sight that is now missing then 1955 to 1970), that has first lost its bluing, then been repainted and subsequently lost its paint! Not worth much I'm afraid, maybe £30 if free from pitting.
    My Club: http://www.wendoverarc.co.uk
    Rifles: Air Arms S400 - Air Arms TX200HC - Webley MkII Service Rifle - BSA Imp Model D
    Pistols: Webley Seniors - Webley Juniors - Beretta 92FS - Cobra Crossbow

Quote Originally Posted by Point & Click View Post
    Sorry I have to disagree with the age.
    The “painted Juniors 1970-1973” were a different basic shape to yours. What you have is a Mk1 series 2 Junior made between 1945 and 1953 from basic shape and lack of adjustable rear sight (if there is a screw hole for a rear sight that is now missing then 1955 to 1970), that has first lost its bluing, then been repainted and subsequently lost its paint! Not worth much I'm afraid, maybe £30 if free from pitting.
    I know nothing, but it looks exactly like the picture of the phosphated junior on p103 of Bruces' book.

Its clearly not a Junior Mk11 which does have a different body shape.

Also surely a 45-53 Junior would have Birmingham 4 stamped into it, and not Birmingham?

I know nothing, but it looks exactly like the picture of the phosphated junior on p103 of Bruces' book.

Its clearly not a Junior Mk11 which does have a different body shape.

Also surely a 45-53 Junior would have Birmingham 4 stamped into it, and not Birmingham?
    Thanks. Forgot about the Birmigham 4!
    With just Birmigham on it it will be post 1958 but still not a post 1970 Mk2.
    My Club: http://www.wendoverarc.co.uk
    Rifles: Air Arms S400 - Air Arms TX200HC - Webley MkII Service Rifle - BSA Imp Model D
    Pistols: Webley Seniors - Webley Juniors - Beretta 92FS - Cobra Crossbow